Topics

Microsoft OneCore Voices and NVDA

George McCoy

I am running NVDA 2020.3 and windows 10 20H2. I have a number of 1-core voices That I added several versions of windows ago. These include UK english, Canadian english, Irish english and Indian english. I can switch to any of the voices with Narrator.  I can see all the voices in settings>time and language>speech, but NvDA shows only the three Microsoft voices, Mark, Sera and David.

What do I have to do to get NvDA to allow me to switch to the other voices on my system?

Thanks,

George

Quentin Christensen

Sometimes Windows does funny things when it updates.  If you go to the languages in the "languages" screen, can you update them?  Sometimes I think it has an older version of a language, which can cause problems - I've seen issues where this has caused problems with the language a user has NVDA set to.  I'm not sure if you can "update" the voice or the language, or at worst if you remove a language and add it back it should work.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

George McCoy

Thank you sir. I added the voices even though they appeared in the voices list for Narrator and that did the trick after a restart of NVDA.

George