Topics

Microsoft OneNote

JM Casey

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

Sarah k Alawami

I have used one note and it's ok, they suggest hitting f6 to get between pains. I submitted feedback a while ago, and that's as far as it went.

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:11, JM Casey wrote:

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

JM Casey

Hey Sarah.

May I ask the nature of the feedback that was submitted? My friend 9sighted) and I were just talking about that as he uses the feedback thing quite a lot.

Lol at “pain”…yeah, they can be that. 8grins*

I can’t quite picture yet how he wants to organise all this.

I have used one note and it's ok, they suggest hitting f6 to get between pains. I submitted feedback a while ago, and that's as far as it went.

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:11, JM Casey wrote:

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

Gerardo Corripio

Speaking of One Note, I’m looking for an app that’d allow me to write up the draft here on my computer; when I’m done with it, transfer it to my iPhone for continuing to work on the Go, or for any further actions in which iOS suits better. Would this solution of installing it on my Windows10 Laptop work then? Where would one get it from, and is it free?

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

I have used one note and it's ok, they suggest hitting f6 to get between pains. I submitted feedback a while ago, and that's as far as it went.

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:11, JM Casey wrote:

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

Sarah k Alawami

I actually talked to a microsoft rep directly and showed them everything that was wrong. They gave me virble feedback about f6 and stuff, then said they would forward all of this onto the developers of one note. This was last year. I have not had on enote on my system since as I no longer need it, but good luck.

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:42, JM Casey wrote:

[...]

Daniel Damacena

Folks, is it possible to sync onenote with my android phone without onedrive installed here?
Thank you so much!

--
Daniel Damacena

Afik Souffir

Hi,

I don’t think so.

Cordialement,

Afik Souffir

Portable: 0505782208

Addresse email

Afik.souffir@outlook.com

[...]

Vincent van Itallie

I am a user of onenote in my day to day and business life.

The ap on windows 10 works great with nvda, it became better and better over the last few years.

Stay away from the onenote ap which comes with microsoft office.Last time I tried, it was useless with nvda.

This article may help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/basic-tasks-using-a-screen-reader-with-onenote-32cd532b-d5d4-442b-bc13-1d0ad2016377

All the best,
Vincent.

On 7/3/2020 8:11 PM, JM Casey wrote:

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

Sarah k Alawami

Yes, it sure is. No need for one drive to use one note.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 02:45 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
I’m looking for an app that’d allow me to write up the draft here on my computer; when I’m done with it, transfer it to my iPhone for continuing to work on the Go
-
"The draft" is vague, but this is generally possible in one of two ways, both of which involve cloud storage.

Google Docs exists in app form for Android and iOS, if I'm not mistaken, so one could use it to create on any device, save it to Google Drive, and pick up again on any other that is logged in to the same Google Account (or has shared access to the document) on another.

There's also Microsoft's own OneDrive, and heaven knows they're pushing it, where you can choose to sync certain content to the cloud so you can access it from anywhere.  Of course, you need an app on the accessing device that can handle whatever format the given document is in, but that's common these days, too.

I don't use OneNote myself.

Sarah k Alawami

I think one note will let you do it, but it for me is a bit clunky. Now if there were drafts for pc as well as iOs that would be nice.

On 4 Jul 2020, at 10:06, Brian Vogel wrote:

[...]

Hey Vincent. This is good to know. Thanks.

So I have Microsoft Office Professional …I presume this means I have both versions of onenote on my computer? I’ll have to read up on exactly what the difference is between the two programmes…

[...]

Thanks!@ I might need it.

I know it’s been a while as you said, but have you any thoughts about what exactly needs improving? At this point as nothing is up and organised yet I’m not even really sure what to do with it to learn how to make the most effective use of it.Looks like I need to set up a microsoft account to even get it to do anything…Figures.

I have used one note and it's ok, they suggest hitting f6 to get between pains. I submitted feedback a while ago, and that's as far as it went.

On 3 Jul 2020, at 11:11, JM Casey wrote:

Hey folks. Just putting some feelers out to see if anybody uses this (OneNote) and how well it works with NVDA. I’m in a position where it’s been used to conduct/coordinate a D&D campaign (yes, really) and I don’t want to have to make someone change his whole way of doing things – but the last time I poked around with oneNote I couldn’t really make much useful out of it. At that time though I had no specific goal in mind. Any thoughts? Tips /pointers? Is the app that comes with Windows 10 sufficient or is there, like Skype, another/better one I should download for best results?

Thanks!

Gary Metzler

Hi,

I have office 2016 is there a newer version of one note?  If so, where do I get it?  Thanks for any help

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 02:19 PM, Gary Metzler wrote:
I have office 2016 is there a newer version of one note?
OneNote is, to my knowledge, not available as a standalone program, but only as part of office.  The only way you could upgrade is via going to Office 2019 or Office 365.

Well to be honest you can show some of these people and they may make it happen or they may not.

I am slated to zoom with some rep from avast about ccleaner but I may mention other things to.

To be honest, if they can fix the long standing checkbox and button issues, and only those at minimum that means we will at least be able to use the interface properly again.

I'd like the adds to be addressed, healthcheck and the installer to and maybe some other things.

But yeah, one note should in theory work, its a universal app in the html web universal interface.

On 5/07/2020 6:16 am, JM Casey wrote:

[...]

Hmmm technically there is.

Ever since microsoft discarded windows journal in favor of one note, no matter if you have office or not, you should be able to install one note as a desktop app by itself.

Windows also uses one note as an internal app.

So technically whenever a new office version comes out at least for now one note is free.

Actually the todo lists app, sway, office lens and one note apps are free.

As well as that the filters and conversion version for office is also free, but just don't run it with anything over office 2010 else it will conflict but yeah.

So microsoft makes you pay for all the big apps, but all the small ones are free.

On 5/07/2020 6:19 am, Gary Metzler wrote:

[...]

I agree brian and to be honest I am all for the recycled market now especially since it costs a bundle to get office.

There is even a trick to buypass microsoft activation for your keys for the grey market now.

I wouldn't usually do that but no user can afford 200 for home and 400 for small business and 138 bucks a year for a subscription here is just to steep unless you had an income.

Now if I worked in any company using office most of those have home use which technically means you have it for life or at least while you work there and maybe for a bit after.

To be honest for the price unless you are buying it recycled or otherwise or if you are just paying full for it, or use it constantly, for myself the easiest way round it is to just not use it entirely.

I have used jarte for a number of years now.

I don't need a spreadsheet, or powerpoint program and if I did, I'd use a free office, I am allready using a free email program, I don't need a publishing or database program as such, and I have a calculator.

My testing work needs email, and a web brouser all of which cost me nothing and are opensource.

My wordprocessercost me 35 dollars and that was optional but has the bennifit of spellchecking.

I havn't touched office for the last 10 years and I don't miss it.

At some point I need to touch office briefly and thats to convert some old documents I have to something I can open in jarte and its only cooking related materials.

On 5/07/2020 6:57 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 02:19 PM, Gary Metzler wrote:
I have office 2016 is there a newer version of one note?
OneNote is, to my knowledge, not available as a standalone program, but only as part of office.  The only way you could upgrade is via going to Office 2019 or Office 365.

JM Casey

But isn’t there one that comes packaged with Windows 10? Looks like a similar situation with Skype where there are a few different versions of the programme. I appear to have two on here now – one says “OneNote 2016” and I’m assuming it installed with office 2016, which I have … the other just says “onenote” and according to a respondent on the list here works better than the office app. I’m really not sure though as I still haven’t set up a Microsoft account.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 02:19 PM, Gary Metzler wrote:

I have office 2016 is there a newer version of one note?

OneNote is, to my knowledge, not available as a standalone program, but only as part of office.  The only way you could upgrade is via going to Office 2019 or Office 365.

Gary Metzler

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the heads up.