microsoft store and virtual cursor

Mohammed Al Shara

Hi.

when navigating microsoft's store NVDA on my pc doesn't switch to vertual cursor just as I remember it doing before. Am I imagining things or there indeed should be a vertual window when microsoft store is navigated? Windows 11 and latest beta of NVDA.

Sarah k Alawami

They changed the way it looks now. Try using object navigation to get around. That seems to work, or try tabbing like I sometimes do.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mohammed Al Shara
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 11:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] microsoft store and vertual cursor

Hi.

when navigating microsoft's store NVDA on my pc doesn't switch to vertual cursor just as I remember it doing before. Am I imagining things or there indeed should be a vertual window when microsoft store is navigated? Windows 11 and latest beta of NVDA.

Mohammed Al Shara

Hi. I know about object navigation and tabbing around that do work, however a lot of the content that's not a form field gets lost. reading discription or anything textual is hard.

Hi,

Ah, you have Store version 2, which did change the interface from Store 1 (older Windows 10 releases). One workaround is using ObjPad add-on/scan mode emulation (note that ObjPad add-on is not supported).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sarah k Alawami

Actually if you interact with each object you can read descriptions etc. I will take a  look later and see what I come up with.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mohammed Al Shara
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 8:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] microsoft store and vertual cursor

Hi. I know about object navigation and tabbing around that do work, however a lot of the content that's not a form field gets lost. reading discription or anything textual is hard.

Mohammed Al Shara

Hi I have just checked ObjPad, and it is a very useful addon. @joseph Lee, this addon is not supported means it probably won't be updated for future nvda releases unless some other community member steps in to maintain it. right?

Hi,

Yes, hopefully someone would maintain the add-on and make it compatible with future releases and add features requested by users.

Cheers,

Joseph