Microsoft teams with nvda

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi guys

I have been asked the following question about how well nvda works with Microsoft teams. I do not use it so can not comment.

Are there others on the list who do and how well does it work with it.

I did not see a add on for it so is one not required? unless I missed it on the website. I see there is one for zoom.

I note there is a lot of shortcuts you can use with it so I guess nvda will work with it.

any bugs to look out while using it or is it pretty good.

I did come across this link and teams at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-a-screen-reader-to-explore-and-navigate-microsoft-teams-47614fb0-a583-49f6-84da-6872223e74a0?ui=en-us&rs=en-ie&ad=ie <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-a-screen-reader-to-explore-and-navigate-microsoft-teams-47614fb0-a583-49f6-84da-6872223e74a0?ui=en-us&rs=en-ie&ad=ie>

Any help would be good to feed back.

Gene nz

udit pandey

teams is verigood with both nvda and jaws as of far I think so that it is good with nvda

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

It would be indeed great to have more details from someone who’s using it regularly. I’ll have to start using Teams for work as well, and I admit I feel a bit nervous. I suppose the fact that there’s no add-on for it is a good sign, it means its accessibility should be at least good enough. I’ll install it soon and try to get familiar with it.

Regards!

Øyvind Lode

I use Teams with NVDA daily at work.
It works just fine but I prefer the Teams app on my iPhone and usually
join meetings on my phone.
Microsoft has done a good job with both the Windows desktop app and
the iPhone app.

On Sat, 2 Oct 2021 at 09:23, Vlad Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

It would be indeed great to have more details from someone who’s using it regularly. I’ll have to start using Teams for work as well, and I admit I feel a bit nervous. I suppose the fact that there’s no add-on for it is a good sign, it means its accessibility should be at least good enough. I’ll install it soon and try to get familiar with it.

Regards!

Sarah k Alawami

I love it, if you are in focus mode it works quite well. It is responsive and is a better experience than skype.

[...]

yes, its very accessable
--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit

Arlene

Hi, I’ve used it. I have no problems with it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

Sharad Koirala

Hi,

I use MS team with NBDA in my workplace to conduct classes regularly.
it is easily accessible.
you can get help by searching for "using ms team with screen reader"
in your search engine and the result that comes from microsoft help is
very much useful in using the app.

thank you.

On 10/3/21, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Dr. Sharad Koirala
Lecturer
Department of Community Medicine
Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara, Nepal

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

I have only used it once but I did not find it much different then Zoom.

[...]

yes its very accessalb

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Gene and all,
I use Microsoft Teams every day at work.
Accessibility has been taken into account but in my opinion, Teams is not always usable.
First, there are many shortcuts that are really helpful.
Calling people and participating in conferences is easy when you know the shortcuts to use the camera or the microphone, when you share your screen. It is easier to interact with calls when you set Teams to open conversations in a new window.
But when you receive many messages in different teams and channels, I find it difficult to find where something new has happened, in opposition to Slack.
Some things are rendered very well by NVDA: for example in a conversation, each message has a different heading.
But when you get a new message I think it is not always very easy to find them: you often have to use the tab key to find it.
The activity tab that you can reach with ctrl+1 should list all unread activities but I often can access to only one activity.
Nevertheless, I find Teams easier to use with the desktop app than the browser interface.
And as far as my personal point of view is concerned, I prefer using Zoom for conferences and Slack for chatting. I find them easier to use with a screen reader.
Best
Sylvie

[...]

no, I used it more and in depth I think that heading thing is that when you get some text through the chat box in any call or meating, waite for sometime it will do the separation of texts in the meating with heading it is from my personal vue on this