From: Luke Robinett
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Minor thing — NVDA and Windows Hello

My work laptop is running Windows 10 Pro and has Windows Hello enabled for face recognition at the logon screen. There are three messages spoken aloud as the system attempts to authenticate you: ”looking for you,” ”making sure it’s you” and ”hello (username).” NVDA repeats each of these three phrases exactly 3 times. Not a big deal and certainly doesn’t impede functionality, but obviously a bug so I thought I would share.

Hi,
I bet NVDA is handling all events at once for this situation. Fixing this is a bit hard:
1. This is hardware-specific: a system with an IR (infrared) camera must be required to troubleshoot this problem.
2. This requires troubleshooting secure screen code, as these messages are announced by login prompt window.
The thing is, I don't have an IR camera equipped system - my ThinkPad includes a fingerprint reader, which does allow Windows Hello to work.
Cheers,
Joseph