From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2020 7:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 App Essentials 20.07 released, requires
Windows 10 November 2019 Update or later #addonrelease

Hi,
Actually, yes you will experience issues when using 2017.3 with Windows 10
Version 1903, as 2017.3 does not support changes introduced with Version
1903 (there are too many to list).
To reiterate my position on this (and hopefully this would be the final time
I have to state this): as Brian (and many others) indicated, software has
finite lifetime. Windows 10, NVDA, and Windows 10 App Essentials follow this
principle. I have no intention of making a newer add-on release work with
NVDA 2017.3, nor plan to create a version of NVDA 2017.3 that will support
new Windows 10 features (end of story, period).
Before I get off the stage, just a heads up: a future development snapshot
of Windows 10 App Essentials will drop support for NVDA 2019.3, but that
won't happen until 2020.2 release candidate comes out.
Cheers,
Joseph

) , September 23, 2019

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

i use windows xp.
and 2017.2 and 2017.3 versions of nvda, are the best versions
according to my needs.

On 7/2/20, Davy Cuppens <davycuppens@...> wrote:
Dear mods

I'd rather advise to close discussions here about very very outdated
software versions that are nolonger supported.

Who still works with xp or MS DOS 10? These topics bring up high mail
traffic with no purpose. Who works with ios5 or 6 on his iphone? I have
absolutely no problem with waiting some time for new updates. I do this as
well as I heard that f.e. ios 13 was unstable and buggy for voiceover.; But
there is really no reason to use NVDA versions that are 3 years outdated
folks.
Regards
Davy

) , September 23, 2019

--

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 02:14 PM, Davy Cuppens wrote:
I'd rather advise to close discussions here about very very outdated
software versions that are nolonger supported.
And you're not the only one, and your position has been noted.   A decision will be pending shortly, but as the list moderator I am in full support of your position.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Zara,

No offense but it's time to completely dump XP. It's been out of support since 2014. You've been told this repeatedly. Brian's right. Wy continue to cling to something that isn't supported anymore?

Rosemarie

) , September 23, 2019

--

This topic is now locked.   If individual members have feedback either in support of Mr. Cuppens' position, or against it, those should be sent to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io