More VPN issues

Khalid Anwar

I’m having even more issues with my work VPN at the moment.
It used to be that whenever I first loaded up Windows, the login page with VPN will come up straight away and I could just enter my details, but now that doesn’t happen so I type the name of the VPN into the search box, it’s called checkpoint endpoint security but NVDA will just say unknown invisible, and pressing NVDA plus r together Will say content not visible.
Sighted people can click a yellow padlock in the corner of the screen and when the mouse is hovering over that padlock, I too can click it and access the login screen but I need to assistance to do this.
Does anyone know what could be happening here and how I can get the program to run from the start menu.
A few other things I’ve tried is to look for the program in the start menu and try it that way but the same issue happens. 

Thomas N. Chan

High chance , its running in the system tray or notification area.
Just hit window key and b, it will bring focus there.

alternatively, 
go into this option call Select which icons appear on the taskbar Link
and make sure this option call
Always show all icons in the notification area Button

that should resolve of you needed someone sighted to click on the bottom right hand corner which its the notification area or system tray.
by default, windows will hide those icons so to prevent clattering the area.
you can also go the settings i mentioned without turning  Always show all icons in the notification area Button, tab and find your icon you want to always show.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 5:20 PM Khalid Anwar <anwarkhalid850@...> wrote:
I’m having even more issues with my work VPN at the moment.
It used to be that whenever I first loaded up Windows, the login page with VPN will come up straight away and I could just enter my details, but now that doesn’t happen so I type the name of the VPN into the search box, it’s called checkpoint endpoint security but NVDA will just say unknown invisible, and pressing NVDA plus r together Will say content not visible.
Sighted people can click a yellow padlock in the corner of the screen and when the mouse is hovering over that padlock, I too can click it and access the login screen but I need to assistance to do this.
Does anyone know what could be happening here and how I can get the program to run from the start menu.
A few other things I’ve tried is to look for the program in the start menu and try it that way but the same issue happens.