most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Eilana Benish

Hello everyone

I would like to recommend using NCH software's for Dictation, recording and editing video audio and pictures ., and you can control almost every aspect of the software with keyboard shortcuts. In addition, you can change or ad keyboard shortcuts. For personal use, the software's are free to use.

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 3 באפר׳ 2020 ב-4:16 מאת ‪Gene‬‏ <‪gsasner@...‬‏>:‬

Here is the link.  It was originally the second half of a presentation.  The first half dealt with Audacity but it is old now and there is a considerable amount of new information so I’m not distributing the Audacithy section much.  But the MP3 Direct Cut section is all or almost all current.

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] most accessible audio recording software with nvda

Gene,

Yes, please do send that presentation.  I have been trying to do some things and I think I need more intro before I am going to be very successful.

Thank you very much

Dan Beaver

On 4/2/2020 5:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I don’t know why it doesn’t have access but it can be used as a portable program.  the installer places shortcuts in various places to let you conveniently run the program.  I don’t remember how it is packaged.  I haven’t installed it for years but if it is offered as a zip program, you can unzip it wherever you want and use it.

Or you can try installing it in a different folder.  Does the installer allow you to change the installation folder?

Did you also get the Lame encoder?  You need to place the Lame.dll encoder file in the program folder.  I’m not sure I gave the exact name of the file but its very close and Lame is correct.

I can send you a presentation on the basics of how to use the program and it may contain a little installation infrmation.  I did it years ago and I don’t remember exactly what I put in it.