MS Word

AKH AKH

I now get a message saying 'unlicenced product, when I try and open a Word file. Will I be able to resolve this using NVDA as my screen reader? I've found advice, on line,  telling me to go to control panel, then programmes and select MS 360 and then click on repair. I can't find the repair option, I can only find the uninstall. option.

Perhaps it is hidden from my view?

Any advice or experience please.

Andrew

Rui Fontes

Have you tried to go to MS Word, and in the File menu choosing Account.

Probably you will find a control to make login again...

Rui Fontes

Às 15:07 de 11/05/2022, AKH AKH escreveu:

I now get a message saying 'unlicenced product, when I try and open a Word file. Will I be able to resolve this using NVDA as my screen reader? I've found advice, on line,  telling me to go to control panel, then programmes and select MS 360 and then click on repair. I can't find the repair option, I can only find the uninstall. option.

Perhaps it is hidden from my view?

Any advice or experience please.

Andrew

Sarah k Alawami

I think in my case I just ran the installer again but I cannot recall now. It's been a while, about a year since I have had to do an office repair. And boy was it hair pulling as it didn't actually resolve the issue. I had to run a differen tool found in office. The process though was accessible.

I now get a message saying 'unlicenced product, when I try and open a Word file. Will I be able to resolve this using NVDA as my screen reader? I've found advice, on line, telling me to go to control panel, then programmes and select MS 360 and then click on repair. I can't find the repair option, I can only find the uninstall. option.

Perhaps it is hidden from my view?

Any advice or experience please.

Andrew

mr Krit Kumar kedia

Hello,
I would like to ask you, weather you have  the lisence  key for MS office where in you cann type it or you are using it without the key?

thank you,
Krit
diving into the world of tech!

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 10:07 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Any advice or experience please.
-
If you so happen to be in the USA or UK, I strongly suggest reaching out to Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support (US).  Pick your contact method from any one of the options on that page.  If your preference happens to be by phone, and you're in the USA, then (800) 936-5900.  If you are in the UK, see: UK Microsoft & Windows Accessibility Support Webpage.

I have generally found the fastest way to get licensing issues resolved is by "going straight to the source" when that option exists, particularly when it exists at no cost.

And for the record, this is another example of something that has no direct tie to NVDA at all.  It's a licensing issue with Microsoft Office, pure and simple.  The exact same steps to resolution, whatever they may end up being, will be taken regardless of your screen reader of choice.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

AKH AKH

I do have a key, but I can't get to it on the screen, I will have to get sighted help.

Andrew

On 11/05/2022 17:20, mr Krit Kumar kedia wrote:
[...]

Nermin

Hi,

Brian wrote:

I strongly suggest reaching out to Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support (US).  Pick your contact method from any one of the options on that page.  If your preference happens to be by phone, and you're in the USA, then (800) 936-5900.  If you are in the UK, see: UK Microsoft & Windows Accessibility Support Webpage.

If you're neither in the USA nor the UK, you can always use your smartphone, start Bee My Eyes, and choose "Microsoft Accessibility" from "Technical".

Support is only given in English.

Regards,

Nermin

Arlene

Hi, You might want to call Microsoft access to get help. I don’t remember the number. Someone can direct you. I’m sure the disability department to Microsoft can help you.

Sent from Mail for Windows

I now get a message saying 'unlicenced product, when I try and open a

Word file. Will I be able to resolve this using NVDA as my screen

reader? I've found advice, on line,  telling me to go to control panel,

then programmes and select MS 360 and then click on repair. I can't find

the repair option, I can only find the uninstall. option.

Perhaps it is hidden from my view?

Any advice or experience please.

Andrew

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

The number for the Microsoft disability center is 1 800 936-5900.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 05:01 PM, Nermin wrote:

If you're neither in the USA nor the UK, you can always use your smartphone, start Bee My Eyes, and choose "Microsoft Accessibility" from "Technical".

Support is only given in English.

-
Nermin,

Thanks very much for this information!  I had not known that this option had been added as one available internationally via Be My Eyes.

That will now be included when I direct individuals to Microsoft Accessibility.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed