Topics

locked music production with NVDA

azeesh rahman <ajrahman1144@...>

hi. I am great full for all your previous help regarding my queries. i just wanted to know a softwear which can be used for music production in a simple level. specifically beet making and advanced audio mixing with NVDA accessibility in concern.
for your information:
i am not interested in vying any additional tools or hardwear except my computer as if now.
i want to make music using my own voice and virtual instruments available in the softwear itself. hope iam clear with my concern and awaiting for your valuable responses.

Sarah k Alawami

You can use reaper. That is an easy to use very affordable DAW.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 4 Oct 2019, at 8:34, azeesh rahman wrote:

hi. I am great full for all your previous help regarding my queries. i just wanted to know a softwear which can be used for music production in a simple level. specifically beet making and advanced audio mixing with NVDA accessibility in concern.
for your information:
i am not interested in vying any additional tools or hardwear except my computer as if now.
i want to make music using my own voice and virtual instruments available in the softwear itself. hope iam clear with my concern and awaiting for your valuable responses.

Salvador Domenech Miguel

Hi:

Maybe if you can speak Spanish you will bee interested on a ponence that is going to be on our second meeting with users and developers on the Spanish community. He is going to talk about Reaper for producing music using NVDA. There are some material in Spanish but I think in English you will have more.

Cheers.
Salva.

Salva Domenech
Comunicación, realización y soporte a usuarios
Equipo de NVDA en español

El 4 oct 2019, a las 17:34, azeesh rahman <ajrahman1144@...> escribió:

for your information:

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Unfortunately, I can't think of any Digital Audio Work Station that meets your needs except for Reaper which has very basic Synthesizers as it's virtual instruments.  Do you have a synthesizer Keyboard?  You can, if you do, use the sounds from there.  Reaper costs about $60 US, but yu can actually download an evaluation copy and use it for as long as you like, with the reminder to buy it popping up when you first use it of course.  It is accessible to a high degree if you download SWS and Osara to enhance it's  use.  I must also clarify that most Daws come with watered down virtual instruments, and most good or reasonable ones have to be bought.  Reaper also has very advanced audio editting capabilities.  Cheers!

On 10/4/2019 11:34 PM, azeesh rahman wrote:
for your information:

Sile

Hello, I would recommend audacity. You can do multi-tracking, and the quality of the audio is very good.

Sile

On Oct 4, 2019, at 11:45 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

for your information:

Andy B.

At least audacity’s track view is accessible. Reaper’s user interface is less than desirable for a screen reader.

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sile via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 6:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] music production with NVDA

Hello, I would recommend audacity. You can do multi-tracking, and the quality of the audio is very good.

Sile

Take care

for your information:

Shaun Oliver

there is a plugin you can use to make reaper more accessible. statements like that are apocryphal at best, and wildly inaccurate at worst. Please people, I implore you to conduct research and use the thing before you pass judgement and make groce generalised statements like that in the future.

On 5/10/2019 18:34, Andy B. wrote:

At least audacity’s track view is accessible. Reaper’s user interface is less than desirable for a screen reader.

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

Sile

Take care

for your information:

There is a dedicated group on Groups.io, Reapers without Peepers, for those using screen readers to work with Reaper.

Audacity is quite accessible.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

The color of truth is grey.

~ André Gide

Sarah k Alawami

Actually that's not true. I use reaper's interface for editing and recording on windows and it is better than audacity any day. I love it and it is rock solid. It has a high learning curve but you can learn it in about 3 or 4 weeks. There is a dedicated reaper list you can look for on groups.io, just look for "RWP."

Take care

On 5 Oct 2019, at 2:04, Andy B. wrote:

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

Sile

Take care

for your information:

Ângelo Abrantes

Here can I find the plugin?

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 15:33 de 05-10-2019, Brian Vogel escreveu:
There is a dedicated group on Groups.io, Reapers without Peepers, for those using screen readers to work with Reaper.

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos
Ângelo Abrantes, Equipa <Portuguesa do NVDA

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

Sarah k Alawami

Google osara and sws for reaper, then follow the directions in the reaper access wiki google that to. As well as joining the group on groups.io that was mensioned already. If you have any issues post them here. We are all happy to help, but we don't do much hand holding.

On 5 Oct 2019, at 8:51, Ângelo Abrantes wrote:

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

Ângelo Abrantes

Thank you very much for your answer.

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 17:06 de 05-10-2019, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

Google osara and sws for reaper, then follow the directions in the reaper access wiki google that to. As well as joining the group on groups.io that was mensioned already. If you have any issues post them here. We are all happy to help, but we don't do much hand holding.

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com
-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Nimer Jaber

Hello Sarah and list,

If you are unwilling to provide an answer short of telling someone to Google something and that you will not hold their hand, please refrain posting messages to the list. This message is not strictly for Sarah, either, which is why I am posting it to this list. If you wish to include links where people can get more information, or if you want to add a link to a Google search result or something, that is fine, but if you have nothing to contribute other than telling someone to Google something, please don't think that your input is valued or needed. I think that people should research information on their own, and we should give people tools to help them do so, but I don't think that we should go on list and tell users to "Google it" without giving them any additional information.. Also, please remember that everyone is coming from a different place, with different abilities. Hand-holding, as you call it, is pretty much what any mailing list or forum is, if you think about it. There is very little that you cannot figure out if you read help files, do lots of research, read books, read through past archived messages, etc. Yet we still have a mailing list. I am not saying this to say that people should not research... indeed, I think part of a mailing list means that you should try to do a basic search first before asking a qustion in order not to post so many repetitive questions which can be easily found, but most any question on any forum or mailing list in my mind can be considered as hand-holding if someone answers. We are here to help one another.

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 9:07 AM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Nimer,

I agree with this message. I couldn’t have said it any better. Just telling someone to google something without giving them a link to go on is not very helpful.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 12:51 PM
To: NVDA Group

Hello Sarah and list,

If you are unwilling to provide an answer short of telling someone to Google something and that you will not hold their hand, please refrain posting messages to the list. This message is not strictly for Sarah, either, which is why I am posting it to this list. If you wish to include links where people can get more information, or if you want to add a link to a Google search result or something, that is fine, but if you have nothing to contribute other than telling someone to Google something, please don't think that your input is valued or needed. I think that people should research information on their own, and we should give people tools to help them do so, but I don't think that we should go on list and tell users to "Google it" without giving them any additional information.. Also, please remember that everyone is coming from a different place, with different abilities. Hand-holding, as you call it, is pretty much what any mailing list or forum is, if you think about it. There is very little that you cannot figure out if you read help files, do lots of research, read books, read through past archived messages, etc. Yet we still have a mailing list. I am not saying this to say that people should not research... indeed, I think part of a mailing list means that you should try to do a basic search first before asking a qustion in order not to post so many repetitive questions which can be easily found, but most any question on any forum or mailing list in my mind can be considered as hand-holding if someone answers. We are here to help one another.

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank

Rosemarie Chavarria

Don’t you think this message is a bit harsh? Don’t forget that you probably had to have help searching for something at one time.

Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 9:07 AM

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

Sarah k Alawami

We are here to help one another, yes, however just like the franchise I'm in they do not hand hold, not all the time. You are after week 2 on your own. So yeah on the reaper list we will hold your hand and give you the tools but after that we don't hand hold if you are asking basic questions such as How do I go from track 1 to track two. We gave you the tools, now use them.

On 5 Oct 2019, at 12:50, Nimer Jaber wrote:

Hello Sarah and list,

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Actually, I didn't. My irst computer assignment was to search on, and write invoices and reports about computers with x and y processers etc in 2009. I had no knoldge of searching but that report helped me learn and no one held my hand.It took me 2 momths to do it but I did it with a lot of tears.

Actually this is why I hardly ask questosn on theelist as I'm searching for answers and trying new things all the time.

On 5 Oct 2019, at 13:10, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Don’t you think this message is a bit harsh? Don’t forget that you probably had to have help searching for something at one time.

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

molly the blind tech lover

Well said  

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nimer Jaber
Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 3:51 PM
To: NVDA Group <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hello Sarah and list,

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I totally agree.  Reaper is perhaps the most simplest to use, and most accessible DAW out on the market, and considering that All DAWS are complicated softwares to use, and that it's price, of US$60, well, my question really is what more do you want?  The people who work so hard to make Reaper accessible for NVDA and Jaws will certainly go into melt down if they here of this uninformed opinion.  I have been using Reaper for much of my work and leisure.  Cheers!

On 10/5/2019 6:24 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

there is a plugin you can use to make reaper more accessible. statements like that are apocryphal at best, and wildly inaccurate at worst. Please people, I implore you to conduct research and use the thing before you pass judgement and make groce generalised statements like that in the future.

On 5/10/2019 18:34, Andy B. wrote:

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

Sile

Take care

for your information:

Jaffar Sidek

I am afraid there is a certain amount of arrogance in some who think they know it all and expect others to have that same knowledge base, or literally elbowing aside those who don't.  This is precisely why the NVDA Help list came into being.

On 10/6/2019 4:10 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Thanks

Ângelo Abrantes

--

~ André Gide

-- 
Cordiais Cumprimentos

Sem vírus. www.avast.com