Topics

My Seika Touchme5 no longer works with NVDA

Mallard

Hello all,

I'm using NVDA Alphas. For qite some time now, my Seika Touchme5 no longer works as expected.

I'm unable to scroll horizontally, whetehr I set it to Automatic or Seika.

Are tehre any tips to make this work?

I have to use an old and battered pm 40 by freedom Scientific, which has a number of cells with dots that either don't come up or don't go down when needed. This makes it really difficult to read in different languages.

thanks for any help ou can provide.

Ciao,

Ollie

Cordelia Scharpf

Hi, Ollie:

I don't know/use the Seika Braile display. However, you might ask its manufacturer if they have released a new patch that would be compatible with the new NVDA software. If they have not done so yet, it is high time to alert them of this problem and see it fixed.

Best of luck,
Cordelia

I'm using NVDA Alphas. For qite some time now, my Seika Touchme5 no
longer works as expected.

I'm unable to scroll horizontally, whetehr I set it to Automatic or Seika.

Are tehre any tips to make this work?

I have to use an old and battered pm 40 by freedom Scientific, which has
a number of cells with dots that either don't come up or don't go down
when needed. This makes it really difficult to read in different languages.

thanks for any help ou can provide.

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Hello Cordelia,

Thanks. I'lltry and contact them, but I had no luck a couple of years ago about some other issue I had, so I'm afraid it's goingto be a bit of a waste of time.

Touchme5 works great in Linux, so I might try and see if installing BRLTTY for Windows solvesthe problem, at least temorarily.

Take care,

Ollie

On 07/02/2020 22:50, Cordelia Scharpf wrote:
[...]

A search on the Internet for "patch" or "driver" for your Braille display and NVDA might expedite it. If there is nothing, then contacting them would be more than necessary as this is an urgent matter.

May I contact you offlist about Linux-related queries?

Cordially,
Cordelia

I'm using NVDA Alphas. For qite some time now, my Seika Touchme5 no
longer works as expected.

I'm unable to scroll horizontally, whetehr I set it to Automatic or Seika.

Are tehre any tips to make this work?

I have to use an old and battered pm 40 by freedom Scientific, which has
a number of cells with dots that either don't come up or don't go down
when needed. This makes it really difficult to read in different languages.

thanks for any help ou can provide.

Ciao,

Ollie

Hi,
Seika developers are aware of incompatibilities and are working on it.
Cheers,
Joseph

I'm using NVDA Alphas. For qite some time now, my Seika Touchme5 no
longer works as expected.

I'm unable to scroll horizontally, whetehr I set it to Automatic or Seika.

Are tehre any tips to make this work?

I have to use an old and battered pm 40 by freedom Scientific, which has
a number of cells with dots that either don't come up or don't go down
when needed. This makes it really difficult to read in different languages.

thanks for any help ou can provide.

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Hello Joseph,

Grat, thanks a lot.

I'll wait and only use it in Linux then.

Ciao, ake care, and thanks for all your continued and supervaluable work for our community.

Ollie

On 08/02/2020 12:00, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Seika developers are aware of incompatibilities and are working on it.
Cheers,
Joseph

I'm using NVDA Alphas. For qite some time now, my Seika Touchme5 no
longer works as expected.

I'm unable to scroll horizontally, whetehr I set it to Automatic or Seika.

Are tehre any tips to make this work?

I have to use an old and battered pm 40 by freedom Scientific, which has
a number of cells with dots that either don't come up or don't go down
when needed. This makes it really difficult to read in different languages.

thanks for any help ou can provide.

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Hello Cordelia,

ou sure can, but I'm a newbie, so I don't know how much help I can give...

Always very wililng, though...

Ciao,

Ollie