Topics

Name Change Query

Andrea Sherry

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Even when GW Micro betrayed all their long-term customers and sold us all out by giving free copies away they left the name the same.
Andrea
--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Michelle's Home Emails

Hi all,

Why do we need to change the name, perhaps I have missed something.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Mar 2016, at 3:59 PM, Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> wrote:

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Even when GW Micro betrayed all their long-term customers and sold us all out by giving free copies away they left the name the same.
Andrea
--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Rosemarie Chavarria

We don't need a name change. Leave well enough alone.

On 3/13/2016 7:29 PM, Michelle's Home Emails wrote:
Hi all,

Why do we need to change the name, perhaps I have missed something.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Mar 2016, at 3:59 PM, Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> wrote:

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Even when GW Micro betrayed all their long-term customers and sold us all out by giving free copies away they left the name the same.
Andrea
--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Hi,
Tomorrow (during Tek Talk and afterwards) I'll explain why name change may
not be a good idea.
Cheers,
Joseph

wrote:

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Even when GW Micro betrayed all their long-term customers and sold us all
out by giving free copies away they left the name the same.
Andrea
--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can
start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Kwork

Michelle, you're not missing anything. I think people just want to stir up
controversy when things get too quiet or normal. Don't accept or believe
anything on an administrative level like that unless Joseph Lee or Nimer
make an official announcement, or you read it from James Teh on the blog or
Twitter. When things start like this from the user level, it's more often
than not, just hearsay, and can safely be dismissed as rumor. When something
is going to be officially discussed, such as the migration to the new list,
it will always start at the administrative level, which is why we heard from
Joseph Lee first on that topic to open that discussion.
Travis

wrote:

Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Even when GW Micro betrayed all their long-term customers and sold us all
out by giving free copies away they left the name the same.
Andrea
--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start
from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

I would have thought it was obvious really.
Just use the word device instead of desktop then it could be used should any other platform be deemed suitable for a product.

When in business the last thing want to do is change names as nobody will know who you are!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-