From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Kenny Cheung via groups.io <kennycheung0@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Navigating blackboard with NVDA

WARNING: This email originated from outside of USF. Do NOT click links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi,
I’m going to be using blackboard for school, and I was wondering if theirs an updated tutorial on how to use it with NVDA? The one the disability office gave me is a bit old.

Sent from Kenny’s iPhone

Kenny Cheung

The one the disability office gave me I think was three years old.
Sent from Kenny’s MacBook Pro

On Jan 18, 2022, at 12:25, Kelly, Kathleen <KellyK@...> wrote:

Hi, I would be interested in this information, as well. Thanks, Kate

WARNING: This email originated from outside of USF. Do NOT click links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi,
I’m going to be using blackboard for school, and I was wondering if theirs an updated tutorial on how to use it with NVDA? The one the disability office gave me is a bit old.

Sent from Kenny’s iPhone

Life My Way

 would also like to know what if any accessibility there is to blackboard, I do know that canvas is totally accessible though.

On 1/18/2022 1:10 PM, Kenny Cheung wrote:
The one the disability office gave me I think was three years old.
Sent from Kenny’s MacBook Pro

On Jan 18, 2022, at 12:25, Kelly, Kathleen <KellyK@...> wrote:

Hi, I would be interested in this information, as well. Thanks, Kate

WARNING: This email originated from outside of USF. Do NOT click links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi,
I’m going to be using blackboard for school, and I was wondering if theirs an updated tutorial on how to use it with NVDA? The one the disability office gave me is a bit old.

Sent from Kenny’s iPhone

Kelly, Kathleen

I was not impressed by Canvas -- it appeared to me that a lot of it was not accessible. The calendar was not discoverable, etc. My instructors also did not make a lot of effort to upload information into Canvas in an accessible manner...Kate

WARNING: This email originated from outside of USF. Do NOT click links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi,
I’m going to be using blackboard for school, and I was wondering if theirs an updated tutorial on how to use it with NVDA? The one the disability office gave me is a bit old.

Sent from Kenny’s iPhone

Kenny Cheung

I was told that blackboard now has a scoring system where if the score is higher the more accessible the content is.

On Jan 18, 2022, at 18:17, Kelly, Kathleen <KellyK@...> wrote:

I was not impressed by Canvas -- it appeared to me that a lot of it was not accessible. The calendar was not discoverable, etc. My instructors also did not make a lot of effort to upload information into Canvas in an accessible manner...Kate

WARNING: This email originated from outside of USF. Do NOT click links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi,
I’m going to be using blackboard for school, and I was wondering if theirs an updated tutorial on how to use it with NVDA? The one the disability office gave me is a bit old.

Sent from Kenny’s iPhone

Kelly, Kathleen

That would be helpful. I sensed that my instructors did not receive a lot of training/guidance about making their courses accessible. K.