navigating headings

Monte Single

Hi List,

I am   using;

www. https://nnels.ca/

more these days.

It is an  national network  of equitable library services.

It is available to all print disabled Canadians with a  local library  card.

When I do a search   on this web site, I find myself pressing the letter “h”  for headings  til  I get to the first result.

When I get to the first result, nvda says “heading llevel 3”.

Is there a key press, combo I can press to jump to the first “heading level 3”  without  going through all the previous headings?

Please, don’t kick me off the island,  because I did not find the answer to my question in the quick start guide.

Cheers,

Monte

Sascha Cowley

You can navigate to the next heading at a particular level by pressing that level's number on the number row. So to jump to the next level 3 heading, you would press 3. As with all of these browse-mode shortcuts, you can jump backward by pressing Shift + <command>.

Tyler Spivey

Press 3.

On 5/11/2021 5:31 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Hi List,
I am   using;
www. https://nnels.ca/ <https://nnels.ca/welcome-nnels>
more these days.
It is an  national network  of equitable library services.
It is available to all print disabled Canadians with a  local library  card.
When I do a search   on this web site, I find myself pressing the letter “h”  for headings  til  I get to the first result.
When I get to the first result, nvda says “heading llevel 3”.
Is there a key press, combo I can press to jump to the first “heading level 3”  without  going through all the previous headings?
Please, don’t kick me off the island,  because I did not find the answer to my question in the quick start guide.
Cheers,
Monte

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Monty,

Great that you discovered the “h” command for navigating to each heading! For specific headings, when in browse mode on the Internet (that is what you are in when you first open a web site), just press the number 3 key on the main keyboard and that will jump through all the level 3 headings and ignore any other heading.

Similarly, if you want to find the first place where significant material begins on  a web page, you can press the number 1 key to jump over all preliminary material directly to Heading 1.

All the best,

Cearbhall

It is an  national network  of equitable library services.

It is available to all print disabled Canadians with a  local library  card.

When I do a search   on this web site, I find myself pressing the letter “h”  for headings  til  I get to the first result.

When I get to the first result, nvda says “heading llevel 3”.

Is there a key press, combo I can press to jump to the first “heading level 3”  without  going through all the previous headings?

Please, don’t kick me off the island,  because I did not find the answer to my question in the quick start guide.

Cheers,

Monte

Steve Nutt

Yep, just type the number 3.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

It is an  national network  of equitable library services.

It is available to all print disabled Canadians with a  local library  card.

When I do a search   on this web site, I find myself pressing the letter “h”  for headings  til  I get to the first result.

When I get to the first result, nvda says “heading llevel 3”.

Is there a key press, combo I can press to jump to the first “heading level 3”  without  going through all the previous headings?

Please, don’t kick me off the island,  because I did not find the answer to my question in the quick start guide.

Cheers,

Monte

Monte Single

It’s that simple, Thanks!

You can navigate to the next heading at a particular level by pressing that level's number on the number row. So to jump to the next level 3 heading, you would press 3. As with all of these browse-mode shortcuts, you can jump backward by pressing Shift + <command>.

Quentin Christensen

It's only simple once you know it :)

If you are new to navigating the web with a screenreader, I'd recommend the Basic Training for NVDA module.  It's available in a range of formats, including as a web page you can practice those heading navigation skills on :)  https://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

It’s that simple, Thanks!