Topics

need help with NVDARemote

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Good afternoon. It seems I could benefit from some handholding to use NVDARemote. Both I and the trainee run the latest versions of NVDA and the add-on. I can’t seem to connect to her. Is nvdaremote.com a valid server?  Clearly I’m missing something, probably very elementary, here.

Dean

Tyler Spivey

Yes. What are you trying?

On 6/7/2020 2:52 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
Good afternoon. It seems I could benefit from some handholding to use
NVDARemote. Both I and the trainee run the latest versions of NVDA and
the add-on. I can’t seem to connect to her. Is nvdaremote.com a valid
server?  Clearly I’m missing something, probably very elementary, here.

Dean

Jackie

Dean, let's ensure a couple things.
1) Is the app actually installed? Press NVDA+n, then t & up arrow 1.
Does it say remote? If not, then the remote app isn't installed.)
2) Now try connecting. Once the connect option is chosen ensure that
client is selected & you're controlling the machine, & your trainee
has selected
to allow control from another machine.
3) Make certain you both have typed the same key in the key part of
the dialog. That means same case, whole 9yd. Then press ok.

f11 allows you to control the machine. Pressing it again lets you
access your own machine.

On 6/7/20, Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...> wrote:
Yes. What are you trying?

On 6/7/2020 2:52 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
Good afternoon. It seems I could benefit from some handholding to use
NVDARemote. Both I and the trainee run the latest versions of NVDA and
the add-on. I can’t seem to connect to her. Is nvdaremote.com a valid
server?  Clearly I’m missing something, probably very elementary, here.

Dean

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Jackie, this is what I was doing to no avail. I was using a simple key of three numbers. Could this be the problem?

[...]

I don't know. When I used the key generator, it generated 7 or 8
numbers. I personally use something the client can relate to, ie, a
pet's name, etc.

On 6/7/20, Dean Martineau <topdot@...> wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

I use a made up key. Let's say I wanted my key to be sarahsucks123. I could type that in. Or if I wanted the key to be nvda13, I just type that in, it can be letters and numbers.

hope that helps a bit.

On 7 Jun 2020, at 16:59, Jackie wrote:

[...]

Luke Davis

I've never had any issue with key lengths, although I can't say I've ever tried one that small.

I do the same as Jackie and Sarah--just use some natural word or phrase that the client can easily type.

One thought I had, was to wonder if you and this client were on the same version of remote.

Luke

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Jackie wrote:

I don't know. When I used the key generator, it generated 7 or 8
numbers. I personally use something the client can relate to, ie, a
pet's name, etc.

Jackie

The other 1 I had is that perhaps if none of our conversation solves
this the firewall(s) & perhaps the router(s) need to be investigated
to ensure that's not the difficulty.

On 6/7/20, Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
I've never had any issue with key lengths, although I can't say I've ever
tried
one that small.

I do the same as Jackie and Sarah--just use some natural word or phrase that
the
client can easily type.

One thought I had, was to wonder if you and this client were on the same
version of remote.

Luke

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Jackie wrote:

I don't know. When I used the key generator, it generated 7 or 8
numbers. I personally use something the client can relate to, ie, a
pet's name, etc.

one of my friends told that used three numbers and could use remote.

On 6/8/20, Dean Martineau <topdot@...> wrote:
[...]

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Jackie

Dean, if you're still having problems, hit me up off list tomorrow &
we can play w/NVDA remote.

On 6/7/20, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
[...]

to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR
by
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com &
www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

The problem with that is that someone else can input that same number and get control of your clients machine.