Need Help with Outlook 2010 Message List and NVDA 2020.4

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

I recently installed the latest version of NVDA, version 2020.4, on a friend’s computer that has Outlook 2010 as the email client. We’re currently experiencing a problem where NVDA won’t read any messages when moving through the message list. The only way we can read the message currently focused on is by using Insert+Up Arrow. I personally use Outlook 365 on my system without any problems, but my friend wants to stay with Outlook 2010. Is there a setting in NVDA we need to set so it will work properly in the message list?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

Kelly John Sapergia

Show Host, Production Director, Webmaster

The Global Voice Internet Radio

www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

hello.
for reading emails, did you try SayAll?
does your friend use laptop or desktop keyboard layout?
insert down arrow in desktop layout which i use,
and insert a in laptop layout if i am correct.

On 3/23/21, Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi,

I recently installed the latest version of NVDA, version 2020.4, on a
friend's computer that has Outlook 2010 as the email client. We're
currently
experiencing a problem where NVDA won't read any messages when moving
through the message list. The only way we can read the message currently
focused on is by using Insert+Up Arrow. I personally use Outlook 365 on my
system without any problems, but my friend wants to stay with Outlook 2010.
Is there a setting in NVDA we need to set so it will work properly in the
message list?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,

Kelly John Sapergia

Show Host, Production Director, Webmaster

The Global Voice Internet Radio

www.theglobalvoice.info <http://www.theglobalvoice.info/>

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net <http://www.ksapergia.net/>

Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com
<http://www.kjsproductions.com/>

Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

Thanks, but Say All has nothing to do with our issue in this case. Emails can be read fine, it’s just the list of messages we’re having problems navigating.

Yours Sincerely,

Kelly John Sapergia

Show Host, Production Director, Webmaster

The Global Voice Internet Radio

www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Sky Mundell

Hello Kelly. I’ve had that exact same problem myself with a friends computer. There is two ways of fixing this.

  1. Alt tab into the application using the alt and the tab keys, or
  2. Press alt space to open the system menu, and press X to maximise the window.

That’s how you fix this.

Thanks, Sky

Thanks, but Say All has nothing to do with our issue in this case. Emails can be read fine, it’s just the list of messages we’re having problems navigating.

Yours Sincerely,

Kelly John Sapergia

Show Host, Production Director, Webmaster

The Global Voice Internet Radio

www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Gene

Are you using the Windows 10 add-on? I don't recall the exact name but it causes NVDA to work better in certain instances when using Windows 10. Others will tell you the name.

I have no idea if it will help in this case but its worth trying.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 07:22 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you using the Windows 10 add-on?
-
You're thinking of

Windows 10 App Essentials

but it should have no impact whatsoever on interaction with Outlook 2010.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Hi,

I can verify Brian’s comment that Windows 10 App Essentials is not tied to any Office programs – it may affect certain Office app experiences based on what Windows 10 says, not what Office says.

Cheers,

Joseph

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 07:22 PM, Gene wrote:

Are you using the Windows 10 add-on?

-
You're thinking of

Windows 10 App Essentials

but it should have no impact whatsoever on interaction with Outlook 2010.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Sarah k Alawami

If you want to maximize a windows use windows up arrow. If you need to dock the window to the left use windows left. There are scads of these key strokes, a google will help find em all.

-----Original Message----- From: Kelly Sapergia
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 4:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi,

Thanks, but Say All has nothing to do with our issue in this case. Emails can be read fine, it’s just the list of messages we’re having problems navigating.

Yours Sincerely,

Kelly John Sapergia

Show Host, Production Director, Webmaster

The Global Voice Internet Radio

www.theglobalvoice.info

Personal Website: www.ksapergia.net

Business Site (KJS Productions): www.kjsproductions.com

Follow me on Twitter at: kjsapergia

Lukasz Golonka

Hello,

Could you please ask your friend to download a test build from
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1kquwbwrsc3ul2fr/artifacts/output%2Fnvda_snapshot_pr12241-22163%2C6a6d9c46.exe

test the messages list in Outlook 2010 and report if the issue is fixed
for them?

--
Regards
Lukasz