From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: April 5, 2022 07:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Nero, and included software?

I hope this is OK, and on topic here to ask since I'm specifically asking about how NVDA itself works with a piece of software. It's it's not though, then please, mods, just write me and let me know, and I'll scease the thread immediately, no questions asked.

I've got Nero Burning Rom and the entire suite of products that come with it. I think it's version 2021 I'm using with my external USB CD drive, which by the way, I love to pieces! Anyway, I am curious aside from just the actual "Burning Rom" part of the suite, does anyone have any experience with any of the other parts of the bundled software? I'm especially interested in the CD ripper tool, and specifically how well it works with NVDA.

I am familiar with object nav, and also with screen review, so if that be necessary, as long as you all could give me the general steps for ripping an audio CD to mp3, flack, etc, that would be no issue here.
Before anyone asks, yes. I do also own CDDA Extractor, and I also do have CDex, but I'd prefer we keep this on topic specificly with Nero in combination with NVDA..

Chris.

Moderator Statement:  This is definitely a topic that belongs in the Chat Subgroup or on one of the other more general blind technology groups.

How Nero works is very unlikely to be dependent on a given screen reader (though there can always be certain quirks) and discussion about using same with a screen reader is virtually certain to be all about Nero commands and/or accessibility issues with Nero, not about the specific screen reader being used to attempt to access it.

Unfortunately, Groups.io does not have a mechanism to allow a group owner or moderator to move a topic from a main group to a subgroup or vice versa.  Please do take this conversation to the Chat Subgroup by starting a new topic there or to another venue entirely.

Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be.

    ~ Betty Rollin