netflix problem

cecropia64

hi:

last night i turned off my computer without shutting down first. this morning when i fired up netflix to watch a movie i found the sound was muted.  when i tab to the volume and hit enter it says muted and i can't get it unmuted.  it is obvious that enter won't change the issue.  so can anyone tell me what key to hit to unmute netflix?  thanks.

stew

Gene

How did you shut down the computer?  If you pressed but didn't hold the off switch for an extended time, perhaps ten seconds, you did properly shut down the computer.  Pressing and releasing the power switch by default causes a proper shut down to occur.

It is important to know about that use of the power button because at times, the keyboard may stop functioning and pressing and releasing the power button after holding it for perhaps half a second is a way you can cause a proper shutdown in that case.

If the probglem is other than the keyboard not functioning, such as the computer freezing, there may be no way to cause a proper shutdown.  At this point, we don't know if you did cause an improper shutdown.

Others will comment on your mute question specifically regarding Netflicks, (spelling) but I'll make the following comments, applicable for all standard web pages with audio controls:

Volume is not mute.  There should be a button that says unmute when sound is muted and mute when sound isn't muted.  Use the space bar on buttons.  Tab around and look for an applicable button.

Gene

On 8/6/2022 11:28 AM, cecropia64 wrote:
hi:

last night i turned off my computer without shutting down first. this morning when i fired up netflix to watch a movie i found the sound was muted.  when i tab to the volume and hit enter it says muted and i can't get it unmuted.  it is obvious that enter won't change the issue.  so can anyone tell me what key to hit to unmute netflix?  thanks.

stew

Stew,

We know you've solved this, but it would be really nice if you would post exactly how.

Even solutions that are silly simple aren't necessarily immediately obvious.  Posting, "I solved it," without the how, well . . .

         ~ Vance Packard