Topics

locked News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration <nvda@...>

NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released

By NV Access

Release Candidate 2 (RC2) of NVDA 2019.2 is now available for download and testing. We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.2. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.2 release.

Highlights of this release include auto detection of Freedom Scientific braille displays, an experimental setting in the Advanced panel to stop browse mode from automatically moving focus (which may provide performance improvements), a rate boost option for the Windows OneCore synthesizer to achieve very fast rates, and many other bug fixes.

Changes from RC1:

This Release Candidate reverts the search history in the NVDA find dialog feature which made the find dialog unusable for those using IME (input method editor).

Download NVDA 2019.2RC2

What’s new in this release of NVDA

Please report any issues on GitHub

Bobby Vinton

Do you mean nvda 2019.3 or your going backwords?

On 4/29/2020 11:14 AM, nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration wrote:

[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think he meant 2020.1 RC.

On 4/29/2020 8:23 AM, Bobby Vinton wrote:

[...]

Something odd is going on here, and I suspect it is an issue with the name used.

But, since I did download, even the EXE file is named 2019.2.rc2.exe, so it could be that there was an accident in resending of an old announcement.  But this did come from the NVAccess RSS feed.

Clarification will very likely be forthcoming shortly.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

I was able to get the proper update. I don't know what could be going on but I got the proper update on my system.

Rosemarie

On 4/29/2020 8:37 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Something odd is going on here, and I suspect it is an issue with the name used.

But, since I did download, even the EXE file is named 2019.2.rc2.exe, so it could be that there was an accident in resending of an old announcement.  But this did come from the NVAccess RSS feed.

Clarification will very likely be forthcoming shortly.

Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get straightened out.

Rosemarie

On 4/29/2020 9:09 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

David Csercsics

On 2020-04-29 12:12, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Brian,

You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get straightened out.

On the website under latest news, it shows 2020.1rc1 which is the same file name that you get when you click the link. So it looks like it's just the email announcement generator, or they corrected it already.

Dan Beaver

Actually, I downloaded the .exe from the link in the notice and got the wrong file too.  I then went to the website via the help and it shows the correct file there.  I suspect it is simply someone included the wrong file name and link to the wrong file in the notice.

It works well so far.

Dan Beaver

On 4/29/2020 12:09 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Rosemarie Chavarria

I got 2020.1 RC when I went to the NVDA menu and checked for updates.

On 2020-04-29 12:12, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Brian,

You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get straightened out.

On the website under latest news, it shows 2020.1rc1 which is the same file name that you get when you click the link. So it looks like it's just the email announcement generator, or they corrected it already.

molly the blind tech lover

Me too

On 2020-04-29 12:12, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, Brian,

You're right. It's probably just a snafoo but hopefully it'll get
straightened out.

On the website under latest news, it shows 2020.1rc1 which is the same
file name that you get when you click the link. So it looks like it's
just the email announcement generator, or they corrected it already.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Some body has made a mistake this is for nvda 2019.2 so it looks like the wrong one went up.

But there is a nvda 2020.1 RC1 release out now I just down loaded it from https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

Gene nz

On 30/04/2020 3:14 am, nvda@nvda.groups.io Integration wrote:

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Sorry folks, it was, as you realised, a glitch from our end.  I meant to post about it here this morning, the correct post is of course: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-1beta1-available-for-testing/

Also while I'm here, I put out an In-Process today, talking a little about that, and a few other things: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-30th-april-2020/

Please do let us know of any issues you encounter with the RC.  (I'll make a new post for that so please reply to that thread to keep it neat).

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Tyler Spivey

That link leads to beta 1. The correct link is:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-1rc1-now-available-for-testing/

[...]

And now that we have official corrections, and a separate dedicated topic, this one is locked.

See topic, NVDA 2020.1 RC1 is now available, as is this week's In-Process, for anything related to NVDA 2020.1RC1.