From: Robert Mendoza [mailto:lowvisiontek@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:07 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] No speaks after selecting the correct word in OpenOffice Writer.

This has been observed and tested for quite long time. Everytime I proof reading in the openoffice Writer file. Right after I selected the appropriate word the nvda stops speaking. In order to get resume its speaks I usually minimize the said application. Not sure if this is the same as with the Microsoft Word or any third party text editor as well.
Kindly advise me directly if this is been experienced also by the others user as well. Thanks!

--
Robert Mendoza

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Robert,

I just tried to write a sentence and NVDA didn't say "selected" when
I hit shift down-arrow to select a word.

Rosemarie

I'll play with it and see if it does that to me. I haven't tried selecting text yet in writer so I'll see what happens.

Rosemarie

This has been observed and tested for quite long time. Everytime I proof reading in the openoffice Writer file. Right after I selected the appropriate word the nvda stops speaking. In order to get resume its speaks I usually minimize the said application. Not sure if this is the same as with the Microsoft Word or any third party text editor as well.
Kindly advise me directly if this is been experienced also by the others user as well. Thanks!

--
Robert Mendoza

Robert Mendoza

hello Rosemary,

Thanks for the swift response. For the meantime, let's wait for the others what they says about this one before I proceed to create a trouble ticket for this one.

Robert Mendoza

[...]

Waiting for the others is a good idea. I played with open office writer and had the same problem.

Rosemarie