no update available

Mary Otten

Yesterday, I reported that when I tried to update NVDA, I got an error message saying update failed, and I should look at the log, which I didn't understand at all. So I just checked today for an update and was informed that no update is available.

Now what?

Mary

What version is NVDA reporting when you check the version?  [NVDA + N, H, A]

If you're still showing something prior to 2022.2.1, then go to the NVAccess Downloads Page and download the installer from there and try running it.  If it still fails, consider uninstalling your existing NVDA and using the freshly downloaded installer to reinstaller rather than trying to upgrade.

         ~ Vance Packard

Rui Fontes

Verify the NVDA version, in NVDA, Help, About menu...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:59 de 24/08/2022, Mary Otten escreveu:

Yesterday, I reported that when I tried to update NVDA, I got an error message saying update failed, and I should look at the log, which I didn't understand at all. So I just checked today for an update and was informed that no update is available.

Now what?

Mary

Joshua Hendrickson

My NVDA informed me there was an update today. I updated with no issues.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson

Mary Otten

Well, it does say Feb 1st 2022, so I guess it did update and never mind the error message?

\Mary

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 12:26 PM, Mary Otten wrote:
Well, it does say Feb 1st 2022, so I guess it did update and never mind the error message?
-
Provided NVDA is behaving normally, I'd just chalk it up to a spurious error message.  If NVDA starts misbehaving (or is misbehaving) then I'd uninstall and reinstall with a freshly downloaded copy of the NVDA installer.

         ~ Vance Packard

lynn white

Hey Mary,

That is so weird. I know that this probably doesn't help much. When I just opened NVDA, the update was offered. I wonder what would happen if you tried to download from the site itself?

On 8/24/2022 10:59 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Yesterday, I reported that when I tried to update NVDA, I got an error message saying update failed, and I should look at the log, which I didn't understand at all. So I just checked today for an update and was informed that no update is available.

Now what?

Mary

--
For 24/7 music and shows to encourage you in following Christ, go to https://www.radioforlife.org

Hi lal,

Mary is, in fact, running the latest stable version (2022.2.1, a security update released yesterday).

Cheers,

Joseph

Maria S

I also received an error, but the update did install thankfully.

Maria

Hi lal,

Mary is, in fact, running the latest stable version (2022.2.1, a security
update released yesterday).

Cheers,

Joseph

Curtis Delzer

Yes, I am running beta 3, and says if I wish to "down grade" to uninstall, etc.

On 8/24/2022 10:21 AM, Maria S wrote:
I also received an error, but the update did install thankfully.

Maria

Hi lal,

Mary is, in fact, running the latest stable version (2022.2.1, a security
update released yesterday).

Cheers,

Joseph

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
Rialto, CA
curtis@...

Arlene

Hi there, If you download a copy of this NVDA. You’d have it download in your downloads folder. If you are offered an update when loading it. Take it anyway. If it becomes corrupt then you can uninstall it and reinstall your downloaded copy. You can save your downloaded copy on a external hard drive if your computer suddenly died like my old windows 7 did. I had an executable file of NVDA.  It’s good to have an extra copy kicking around if you need it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

--

For 24/7 music and shows to encourage you in following Christ, go to https://www.radioforlife.org

Arlene

Hi, I had to go to help and about. There I had to get the update. I took it no problems.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Verify the NVDA version, in NVDA, Help, About menu...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:59 de 24/08/2022, Mary Otten escreveu:

> Yesterday, I reported that when I tried to update NVDA, I got an error

> message saying update failed, and I should look at the log, which I

> didn't understand at all. So I just checked today for an update and

> was informed that no update is available.

> Now what?

> Mary

Arlene,

I don't know what editor you're using to compose your email messages, but it appears that you have right justification of text turned on.  I thought you'd like to know.

         ~ Vance Packard

Arlene

Oh, how does one fix that? Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows