none of my add ons appear to be working except for my eloquence

Sarah k Alawami

Hello to all. Running 22.x redownloaded from the website. I have tried what I think is a complete reinstall, however none of my addons are working.  They are all enabled according to the add ons screen, but I cannot get updater to work,  nor resource monitor, nor any of my other addons except eloquence. I have never seen this before. If I must reinstall nvda again, is there a way I can do this without pulling my hair, is there an add ons back up I can take? I’ve never seen this before with nvda. I forgot to say I’m running Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.739) of windows 11. This is the home edition which I’m still getting used to.

Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

Is there any way in Windows 11 to go back to a time when it did work? I use erunt on Windows as it can put back old registries that it saves every day.
However, your problem could be perhaps that some flag has got set in the set up of nvda.
I would have expected some errors though. I guess you could go into advanced and turn on the error tones to see if the log might provide some insight on the situation. Normally, if you set logging level to debug you can see the add ons getting initialised as they load.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hello to all. Running 22.x redownloaded from the website. I have tried what
I think is a complete reinstall, however none of my addons are working.
They are all enabled according to the add ons screen, but I cannot get
updater to work, nor resource monitor, nor any of my other addons except
eloquence. I have never seen this before. If I must reinstall nvda again, is
there a way I can do this without pulling my hair, is there an add ons back
up I can take? I've never seen this before with nvda. I forgot to say I'm
running Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.739) of windows 11. This is the home
edition which I'm still getting used to.

Thanks.

Jason Bratcher

Would a System Restore work?
Documents Won't be impacted, but system settings will.

Jason Bratcher

Sarah k Alawami

None of them loaded except for eloquence. I did a complete while, deleted
the folder in %update% then completely reinstalled NVDA. I now have working
set of add ons. I think it was when I transferred the portable to the
computer, for whatever reason, that is when all except eloquence decided not
to work, at all. I didn't' even see "check for addon updates" in the menu. A
complete reinstall of nvda worked well in this case and only took me about 3
minutes including reboots.