Topics

Not hearing letters as they are typed or long lag in hearing letter

Jennifer Aucoin

Hi everyone:

My hubby is a long time user of NVDA. We’ve encountered a problem that we can’t seem to fix. The screen reader is reading almost everything, but isn’t reading letters as they are typed in google and MS edge’s search screens, and any MS document.

Anyone have suggestions? We’ve deleted and updated NVDA, switched the keyboard to a new port and rebooted.

Luke Davis

I suspect this is a search preview, or live search issue.

Disabling those features in your browser might help.

Luke