Topics

Number Pad

Howard Traxler

Hi all,
Running NVDA (the version before current) on my HP desktop with keyboard set to laptop.  Until now, I've been able to use review functions with the number pad.  All of a sudden, it stopped working.  I restarted NVDA but no change.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
Howard

Howard Traxler

Sorry, simple solution:  So I restarted the computer and had the same problem.  Pressed the numlock key; fixed it.  Still have to learn how to use the various review modes.  Is there an easy-to-understand explanation of them?

Howard

On 2/28/2020 1:08 PM, Howard Traxler via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi all,
Running NVDA (the version before current) on my HP desktop with keyboard set to laptop.  Until now, I've been able to use review functions with the number pad.  All of a sudden, it stopped working.  I restarted NVDA but no change.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
Howard

Quentin Christensen

Hi Howard,

We do have an issue to investigate this layout (users with keypads but not navigation keys would like to have the number pad object navigation / review cursor commands work only in desktop layout, or at least be selectable since there is a set of laptop layout keys for these functions as well).  In any case, we haven't changed anything yet.  Could you have numlock on?  (always worth checking the simple things).  Failing that, if you press NVDA+1 to turn input help on, what does it read when you press the number pad keys?  (Press NVDA+1 to turn input help off when done).

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Sorry didn't see this message when I replied just now as it wasn't a reply to the original one.

Numlock isn't part of NVDA's review modes - it's just a function of your keyboard to let your number pad keys serve two functions.

Re review modes, there is a short explanation in the User Guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#ReviewModes

Regards
Quentin.