NV access site does not open

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can you help me?

Jackie

It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@gmail.com> wrote:
hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
you help me?

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

I didn't understand, turn off the fire? are you telling me to turn off the computer or the internet?

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
> hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
> using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
> you help me?

Chris Smart

Hahahaha. Jackie needs to remember that not everyone in the group is American and a native English speaker.

She’s just saying that it isn’t anything you are doing, and to just wait until tomorrow and try again.

I didn't understand, turn off the fire? are you telling me to turn off the computer or the internet?

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:34, Jackie <abletec@...> escreveu:

It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
> hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
> using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
> you help me?

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

if the problem comes back, i'll let you know

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:42, Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> escreveu:

Hahahaha. Jackie needs to remember that not everyone in the group is American and a native English speaker.

She’s just saying that it isn’t anything you are doing, and to just wait until tomorrow and try again.

I didn't understand, turn off the fire? are you telling me to turn off the computer or the internet?

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:34, Jackie <abletec@...> escreveu:

It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
> hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
> using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
> you help me?

Quentin Christensen

I was about to say we were aware of it the issue, but just looking again It all seems to be back again now.

Either way, we'll keep an eye on it.

Also, for the update issue, if it wasn't the glitch in the site, and you are getting that error regularly when checking for updates.  Please download NVDA 2021.3 beta 2 from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3beta2/ - you can install it or just choose "continue", and then either way, go to the help menu and check for updates - that should fix the issue.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
if the problem comes back, i'll let you know

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:42, Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> escreveu:

Hahahaha. Jackie needs to remember that not everyone in the group is American and a native English speaker.

She’s just saying that it isn’t anything you are doing, and to just wait until tomorrow and try again.

I didn't understand, turn off the fire? are you telling me to turn off the computer or the internet?

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:34, Jackie <abletec@...> escreveu:

It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
> hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
> using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
> you help me?

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

I understood! the site was off line!I feel dumb now hahaha
now, i checked if there is a new version, and he just said no, so i believe its all right! what a scare, I thought it was my internet network.

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:53, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> escreveu:

I was about to say we were aware of it the issue, but just looking again It all seems to be back again now.

Either way, we'll keep an eye on it.

Also, for the update issue, if it wasn't the glitch in the site, and you are getting that error regularly when checking for updates.  Please download NVDA 2021.3 beta 2 from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3beta2/ - you can install it or just choose "continue", and then either way, go to the help menu and check for updates - that should fix the issue.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
if the problem comes back, i'll let you know

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:42, Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> escreveu:

Hahahaha. Jackie needs to remember that not everyone in the group is American and a native English speaker.

She’s just saying that it isn’t anything you are doing, and to just wait until tomorrow and try again.

I didn't understand, turn off the fire? are you telling me to turn off the computer or the internet?

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 02:34, Jackie <abletec@...> escreveu:

It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
> hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
> using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
> you help me?

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

checked before and the snap shot page was down just checked now and it is back up.

I thought they might of been putting up a RC release but does not look like it when I checked just then.

Gene nz

On 1/12/2021 6:31 pm, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas wrote:
hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can you help me?

Hmmm its fine here.

On 1/12/2021 6:34 pm, Jackie wrote:
It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@gmail.com> wrote:
hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
you help me?

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

chaw, the problem seems to be solved now

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 04:33, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> escreveu:

Hmmm its fine here.

On 1/12/2021 6:34 pm, Jackie wrote:
> It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back up.
>
> On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
>> hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and i am
>> using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it failed! can
>> you help me?

Jackie

Lol, I'm sorry, Eduardo--I'm usually sensitive to non-English
speakers. It was late, I was tired, & I messed up. & I am so sorry &
embarrassed.

Hang fire is just a slang phrase that means wait awhile. So now you
learned an English slang!

Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 04:33, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
escreveu:

Hmmm its fine here.

On 1/12/2021 6:34 pm, Jackie wrote:
It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back
up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@gmail.com> wrote:
hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error, and
am
using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it
failed! can
you help me?

Sarah k Alawami

I've not even heard of that expression, and I'm kind of a native English speaker. I'll have to look that up to teach my students that one.

escreveu:

Hmmm its fine here.

On 1/12/2021 6:34 pm, Jackie wrote:
It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be
back
up.

On 11/30/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@gmail.com> wrote:
hi friends, i tried to check for updates, and NVDA gave an error,
and i
am
using NVDA2021.3beta2, and when i opened nv access.org site, it
failed! can
you help me?

Louise Pfau

Hi.  The expression "Hang fire" can also mean that something isn't working.  The NVDA sight hung fire while they were working on it.

Louise

Arlene

Oh, okay, okay! The only time I heard that Hangfire  was from the Rock group The Rolling stones.  I never to this day knew what it was.

Sent from Mail for Windows

On 12/1/21, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:

> chaw, the problem seems to be solved now

> Em qua., 1 de dez. de 2021 às 04:33, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...>

> escreveu:

>> Hmmm its fine here.

>> On 1/12/2021 6:34 pm, Jackie wrote:

>> > It's not you, bro. Just hang fire till tomorrow, & it'll likely be back

>> up.

>> am

>> failed! can

Sarah k Alawami

Makes sence, like when a weapon jams, or did back in the 1800s. I’ll have to consult my oxford dictionary then. Anyway I’ll shove off now. Looks like the jam is fixed though, which is good.