Topics

NV Speech Player and Add On Updater

Roger Stewart

Now that the NV Speech Player now appears on the official add on site, would it be possible to include it in the Add On Updater so it will receive any updates as they are available?

Thanks.

Roger

Hi,
Hopefully soon once I return from this short break.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 8:10 AM
To: NVDA List <nvda@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] NV Speech Player and Add On Updater

Now that the NV Speech Player now appears on the official add on site, would it be possible to include it in the Add On Updater so it will receive any updates as they are available?

Thanks.

Roger

I assume that anything that goes on that community website automatically gets included in the updater. Still, Joseph had to manually announce some updates, even for add ons on the community website, so not sure what's happening there or where the update channel even is. If it's not the whole website, then could it be?

Hi,

Actually, it does not – due to the way Add-on Updater records add-on identifiers, new add-ons will need to be registered manually before Add-on Updater can check for updates. The earliest time I can release Add-on Updater 20.04 will be end of March.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Kingett
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 8:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NV Speech Player and Add On Updater

I assume that anything that goes on that community website automatically gets included in the updater. Still, Joseph had to manually announce some updates, even for add ons on the community website, so not sure what's happening there or where the update channel even is. If it's not the whole website, then could it be?

abdul muhamin

Hi. I installed the speach player. But i think its voice is not much clearer then the previous one.

On 14-Mar-2020, at 8:09 PM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:

Thanks.

Roger

Gene

I haven't tried it, but I was skeptical.  After all, it said that a lot of the information it uses is based on e-speak. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:11 AM

Hi. I installed the speach player. But i think its voice is not much clearer then the previous one.
> On 14-Mar-2020, at 8:09 PM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
>
> Now that the NV Speech Player now appears on the official add on site, would it be possible to include it in the Add On Updater so it will receive any updates as they are available?
>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Roger
>
>
>
>
>

Gary Greico <pianotuner3@...>

I agree, its not worth the installation.

On 17-Mar-20 10:11 AM, abdul muhamin wrote:
On 14-Mar-2020, at 8:09 PM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:

Thanks.

Roger

Quentin Christensen

We didn't change the way it works from the earlier version, simply updated the code to work with Python 3.  The behaviour should be the same as it used to be.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 1:20 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I haven't tried it, but I was skeptical.  After all, it said that a lot of the information it uses is based on e-speak. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:11 AM

> On 14-Mar-2020, at 8:09 PM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
>
> Now that the NV Speech Player now appears on the official add on site, would it be possible to include it in the Add On Updater so it will receive any updates as they are available?
>
>
> Thanks.
>
> Roger
>
>
>
>
>

--
Quentin Christensen