NVD advansedA settings

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

hi, i wanted to change advanced NVDA settings, but i wanted advice before doing this

Jujube

I would just go into the advanced settings, accept the warning and see what happens. It really depends on what you want to change.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 10:02 AM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
hi, i wanted to change advanced NVDA settings, but i wanted advice before doing this

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

I wanted to change the settings, but as the warning says, if I change without knowing what I'm doing, NVDA might stop working correctly

Em seg., 1 de nov. de 2021 às 14:13, Jujube <ellaxyu@...> escreveu:

I would just go into the advanced settings, accept the warning and see what happens. It really depends on what you want to change.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 10:02 AM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
hi, i wanted to change advanced NVDA settings, but i wanted advice before doing this

Jujube

I think you can ignore the warning in most cases, for example, a lot of us office 365 users have to enable the UI automation options because it offers better performance. UIA will be the future of office 365 users, and the only reason it's not enabled by default yet is because it still has quite a few bugs.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 10:19 AM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
I wanted to change the settings, but as the warning says, if I change without knowing what I'm doing, NVDA might stop working correctly

Em seg., 1 de nov. de 2021 às 14:13, Jujube <ellaxyu@...> escreveu:
I would just go into the advanced settings, accept the warning and see what happens. It really depends on what you want to change.

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 10:02 AM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
hi, i wanted to change advanced NVDA settings, but i wanted advice before doing this

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

Thank you very much

Em seg., 1 de nov. de 2021 às 14:29, Jujube <ellaxyu@...> escreveu:

[...]

Gene

I would think the safest way to do this is to turn off automatically save settings on exit.  If you do something that causes problems you can’t use the apply saved configuration to to go back while NVDA is running, if you quit NVDA then run it again, it will use the saved unchanged configuration and run just as it did before.