Topics

NVDA2016.1 doesn't read Emoticons with Vocalizer nor

Gerardo Corripio

HI guys
Great luck in your list move! or I mean in our since I just came aboard. I'd like to debut by asking if any tips/tricks why with NVDA2016.1 with Vocalizer nor Eloquence, the Emoticons aren't read? When I browse to insert them via NVDA+i, they do read fine, but when I review them after sending, or when someone sends me one, NVDA doesn't read these. Thanks for info.doesn't read the emoticons?

--
Enviado desde mi lap

Allan WKF <allanwkf1@...>

Hi,

Did you turn it on by pressing NVDA+E?

--

Allan WKF

Great luck in your list move! or I mean in our since I just came aboard.
I'd like to debut by asking if any tips/tricks why with NVDA2016.1 with
Vocalizer nor Eloquence, the Emoticons aren't read? When I browse to
insert them via NVDA+i, they do read fine, but when I review them after
sending, or when someone sends me one, NVDA doesn't read these. Thanks
for info.doesn't read the emoticons?

--
Enviado desde mi lap

Gerardo Corripio

Thanks a lot! No wonder! now these read great! but now I wonder does the NVDA+e option stay activate even though I exit NVDA? I'm just starting with NVDA after using Jaws almost 16 years so sorry if these questions sound like weird?

El 04/03/2016 09:34 a.m., Allan WKF escribió:
Hi,

Did you turn it on by pressing NVDA+E?

--

Allan WKF

Great luck in your list move! or I mean in our since I just came aboard.
I'd like to debut by asking if any tips/tricks why with NVDA2016.1 with
Vocalizer nor Eloquence, the Emoticons aren't read? When I browse to
insert them via NVDA+i, they do read fine, but when I review them after
sending, or when someone sends me one, NVDA doesn't read these. Thanks
for info.doesn't read the emoticons?
--
Enviado desde mi lap

Allan WKF <allanwkf1@...>

Hi,

It should stay enable after you enabled it.

--

Allan WKF

Great luck in your list move! or I mean in our since I just came aboard.
I'd like to debut by asking if any tips/tricks why with NVDA2016.1 with
Vocalizer nor Eloquence, the Emoticons aren't read? When I browse to
insert them via NVDA+i, they do read fine, but when I review them after
sending, or when someone sends me one, NVDA doesn't read these. Thanks
for info.doesn't read the emoticons?
--
Enviado desde mi lap

Andre Fisher

Go to Manage emoticons, then go to Activation settings. Choose on for
the startup option.

On 3/4/16, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

With the Emoticons add-on installed?
Cheers,
Joseph

Great luck in your list move! or I mean in our since I just came aboard.
I'd like to debut by asking if any tips/tricks why with NVDA2016.1 with
Vocalizer nor Eloquence, the Emoticons aren't read? When I browse to
insert them via NVDA+i, they do read fine, but when I review them after
sending, or when someone sends me one, NVDA doesn't read these. Thanks
for info.doesn't read the emoticons?

--
Enviado desde mi lap

Allan WKF <allanwkf1@...>

Hi Joseph,

Yes, you must install the emoticon add-on.

--

Allan WKF

From: "Gerardo Corripio"
To: nvda@groups.io

Thanks a lot! No wonder! now these read great! but now I wonder does
the NVDA+e option stay activate even though I exit NVDA? I'm just
starting with NVDA after using Jaws almost 16 years so sorry if these
questions sound like weird?

El 04/03/2016 09:34 a.m., Allan WKF escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Did you turn it on by pressing NVDA+E?
>
> --
>
> Allan WKF

Saving settings on exit isn't necessarily a good idea.  You may change one or more settings to accomplish a specific task or to try a different voice and you may intend them to be experimental.  There is such a thing as too much automation.  I believe that making permanent changes in a program should be intentional, not automatic.  And you can save settings very easily.  You don't even have to use the menus.  Simply issue the command control alt c if you want to permanently save settings.

From: "Gerardo Corripio"
To: nvda@groups.io

Thanks a lot! No wonder! now these read great! but now I wonder does
the NVDA+e option stay activate even though I exit NVDA? I'm just
starting with NVDA after using Jaws almost 16 years so sorry if these
questions sound like weird?

El 04/03/2016 09:34 a.m., Allan WKF escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Did you turn it on by pressing NVDA+E?
>
> --
>
> Allan WKF

Correction, the keystroke for save settings is NVDA+CTRL+C.

--

Allan WKF

From: "Gerardo Corripio"
To: nvda@groups.io

Thanks a lot! No wonder! now these read great! but now I wonder does
the NVDA+e option stay activate even though I exit NVDA? I'm just
starting with NVDA after using Jaws almost 16 years so sorry if these
questions sound like weird?

El 04/03/2016 09:34 a.m., Allan WKF escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Did you turn it on by pressing NVDA+E?
>
> --
>
> Allan WKF

I successfully subscribed to the new list and added my bio and
everything. Thank you all who contributed to this very accessible
group.
Nevzat Adil

From: "Gerardo Corripio"
To: nvda@groups.io

Thanks a lot! No wonder! now these read great! but now I wonder does
the NVDA+e option stay activate even though I exit NVDA? I'm just
starting with NVDA after using Jaws almost 16 years so sorry if these
questions sound like weird?

El 04/03/2016 09:34 a.m., Allan WKF escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Did you turn it on by pressing NVDA+E?
>
> --
>
> Allan WKF

We have probed the Earth, excavated it, burned it, ripped things from
it, buried things in it... That does not fit my definition of a good
tenant. If we were here on a month-to-month basis, we would have been
evicted long ago.
-Rose Bird

Gene

Yes.  I made a mistake when giving the command.  I consider the ability to change settings while not having them kept permanently to be an important advantage NVDA has over some screen-readers.  It lets you experiment and immediately go back to previous settings if desired.  It also lets you change one or more settings you might want to change for a specific task, then immediately change back.  The command to revert to previous settings is NVDA control r.  This can only be done if you haven't permanently saved the changes.  I often like to speed up reading at times, then revert, with one command, to my usual speed settings.

  From: "Gerardo Corripio"
  To: nvda@groups.io