Topics

NVDA 2019.3.1 and Chrome 80

Clarissa Mitchell

I am having the following issue with the new NVDA update and the
latest update to the Chrome browser. If I'm filling out a long form
that has several pages, a survey for instance, I try to check a box or
a radio button, and NVDA will not say "checked". It acts like nothing
happened. And if I press the "next" button, it seems like nothing
happens. If I go to the NVDA menu or restart NVDA, and go back to the
browser window, the refreshed page will display. I've had to restart
NVDA countless times just for one survey. What could be causing this,
and is anyone else having this issue with Chrome? It seems to work
fine on Firefox.

Google Chrome Version: 80.0.3987.100
NVDA version: 2019.3.1

Thanks.

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

Report 2josfph lie please your NVDA problem

On 2/11/20, Clarissa Mitchell <@musicgirl> wrote:
I am having the following issue with the new NVDA update and the
latest update to the Chrome browser. If I'm filling out a long form
that has several pages, a survey for instance, I try to check a box or
a radio button, and NVDA will not say "checked". It acts like nothing
happened. And if I press the "next" button, it seems like nothing
happens. If I go to the NVDA menu or restart NVDA, and go back to the
browser window, the refreshed page will display. I've had to restart
NVDA countless times just for one survey. What could be causing this,
and is anyone else having this issue with Chrome? It seems to work
fine on Firefox.

Google Chrome Version: 80.0.3987.100
NVDA version: 2019.3.1

Thanks.

Gene

Try turning off forms mode, NVDA key space, then turning it on again, the same command, NVDA space.

But before trying that, try the command NVDA key f5.  That command refreshes what is displayed.  It sounds as though in chrome, the browse mode buffer isn't being refreshed to show when you take an action such as check a check box.

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:17 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3.1 and Chrome 80

I am having the following issue with the new NVDA update and the
latest update to the Chrome browser. If I'm filling out a long form
that has several pages, a survey for instance, I try to check a box or
a radio button, and NVDA will not say "checked". It acts like nothing
happened. And if I press the "next" button, it seems like nothing
happens. If I go to the NVDA menu or restart NVDA, and go back to the
browser window, the refreshed page will display. I've had to restart
NVDA countless times just for one survey. What could be causing this,
and is anyone else having this issue with Chrome? It seems to work
fine on Firefox.

Google Chrome Version: 80.0.3987.100
NVDA version: 2019.3.1

Thanks.

Sarah k Alawami

Tryu up and down arrowing to get the button to click. I have had this problem with 19.2 and any web page like interface now for months.

Take care

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 11 Feb 2020, at 15:17, Clarissa Mitchell wrote:

I am having the following issue with the new NVDA update and the
latest update to the Chrome browser. If I'm filling out a long form
that has several pages, a survey for instance, I try to check a box or
a radio button, and NVDA will not say "checked". It acts like nothing
happened. And if I press the "next" button, it seems like nothing
happens. If I go to the NVDA menu or restart NVDA, and go back to the
browser window, the refreshed page will display. I've had to restart
NVDA countless times just for one survey. What could be causing this,
and is anyone else having this issue with Chrome? It seems to work
fine on Firefox.

Google Chrome Version: 80.0.3987.100
NVDA version: 2019.3.1

Thanks.

Clarissa Mitchell

Arrow keys don't work for me. Or when they do, it says "not checked"
like I didn't even check the box. I thought the problem might be with
my keyboard, so I put new batteries in it. But the problem persists.
Now I know I'm not the only one with this issue. Sometimes my tab key
doesn't work, and sometimes I can't even get the page in NVDA's focus,
and pressing F6 only cycles through address bar and tab control. It
doesn't bring me back to the full page. After I restart NVDA, it
works. Something weird is definitely going on here.

Tryu up and down arrowing to get the button to click. I have had this
problem with 19.2 and any web page like interface now for months.

Take care

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com) This is also our libsyn page as
well.

Our [telegram](https://t.me/tffppodcast) channel is also a good place
for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our [discord](https://discord.gg/dfr7MaVK) is where you will know when
we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel
a follow and see what is up there.

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 11 Feb 2020, at 15:17, Clarissa Mitchell wrote:

I am having the following issue with the new NVDA update and the
latest update to the Chrome browser. If I'm filling out a long form
that has several pages, a survey for instance, I try to check a box or
a radio button, and NVDA will not say "checked". It acts like nothing
happened. And if I press the "next" button, it seems like nothing
happens. If I go to the NVDA menu or restart NVDA, and go back to the
browser window, the refreshed page will display. I've had to restart
NVDA countless times just for one survey. What could be causing this,
and is anyone else having this issue with Chrome? It seems to work
fine on Firefox.

Google Chrome Version: 80.0.3987.100
NVDA version: 2019.3.1

Thanks.

I tried insert+space, and that didn't do the trick either.

Clarissa Mitchell

Update: insert+F5 works to refresh in Chrome, usually. The unexpected
behavior that I mentioned doesn't seem to happen when using Firefox.

On 2/12/20, Clarissa Mitchell via Groups.Io
<MusicGirl712=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Actually, fo rme it happensin firefox, and other browsers and nvda f5 does not work. I can even make this happenin discord which is a web like app, and the simbrief download maanger which is also a web like app.I dunno if they use the chrome code or not, but ther eyou go.

to subscribe to the feed click here

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

<MusicGirl712@...> wrote:

[...]

Jimmy Vonderlinden

ok, heres a crazy workaround I found. I just had to do it now to reply to this post on the web
Press the windows key.  After you hear start window, press escape. This brings chrome back to focus and you will land on the form field

Sarah k Alawami

Actually, if you hit escape, you will end up at theestart button, at least that is the case for me.

On 26 Feb 2020, at 21:23, Jimmy Vonderlinden via Groups.Io wrote:

ok, heres a crazy workaround I found. I just had to do it now to reply to this post on the web
Press the windows key.  After you hear start window, press escape. This brings chrome back to focus and you will land on the form field

Arlene

Hi, confirmed. That’s what I do as well. I just hit escape.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Actually, if you hit escape, you will end up at theestart button, at least that is the case for me.

to subscribe to the feed click here

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

On 26 Feb 2020, at 21:23, Jimmy Vonderlinden via Groups.Io wrote:

ok, heres a crazy workaround I found. I just had to do it now to reply to this post on the web
Press the windows key.  After you hear start window, press escape. This brings chrome back to focus and you will land on the form field

George McCoy

FWIW, that works for me.

George