From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2019 10:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.3 Beta 1 is out

Hi everyone,

The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read the full release notes here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sky,

The copy to clipboard etc conversation comes up regularly.  For now, I'll just direct you to my comment last time this came up: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/66783

Re Remote, there are arguments for and against that.  For, as you say, means new users don't need to install an update.  Against is we often get asked by companies installing NVDA about security and what data NVDA can or does send.  Currently, it's quite easy to answer, as the program sends very little information and no personal information or speech content or what the user is doing.  If we included Remote in the core, we'd need to work out how to keep everyone happy.  I'm not saying we can't or wouldn't, but it won't be in 2019.3 (not least of which because aside from whether we agree or not, we don't tend to add too many new features after we release a beta - from now on, work on 2019.3 will primarily be around stability and addressing any issues which get reported.  New features will still be worked on, but for Alpha releases looking towards inclusion in 2019.1.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin. I have downloaded the NVDA 2019.3.1 Beta release, and I have noticed a huge improvements over the 2019.2 one. Speech refactor is certainly a wonderful thing and I applaud speech refactor very much. However, there is one suggestion that could be included in the next betas. And that is the ability to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, cut to clipboard, without the need for an add-on, and the second is I’d like to see the remote functionality built into the core of NVDA so that those of us who train on NVDA like myself can help clients without them having to install add-ons. Thanks, Sky.

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hello Quentin,

Sorry to ask here and not in the translators list, but what about the translation freeze period? When will it begin?

Thanks in advance!

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 9.12.2019 г. в 8:23, Quentin Christensen написа:

Hi everyone,

The big news you've all been waiting for - 2019.3 beta 1 is out.  Read the full release notes here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

I don't want another announcement I could see how that would work in a wordprocessor but not generally, maybe a tone you could set.

And thats another thing, I do think nvda audiothemes support needs to be built into the reader with the default basic theme of low quality sounds for nvda like we have now and events like in windows.

It goes without saying distributing it inside nvda is not a good idea well the themes but maybe have a place to download themes and a way to write them and heck even I'd do that.

On 9/12/2019 8:21 pm, Sky Mundell wrote:

[...]

I'm really glad you guys are not taking the Apple route and rushing a product out! I am gonna wait on this a while to try it out, because of my particular add ons I use that's technically not community add ons, but yay! Yes, it would be really good to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, etc. Especially when using the extended windows clipboard. Or, well, if there is a windows sound event for that, tell me what it is. I have the blindness taylord sound scheme for windows already, but still. Wish windows would make clipboard sounds their own sound option.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Quentin

I noticed this time when I down loaded the beta it keeped my setting for starting nvda when windows starts up. it used to un check the box so glad it is fixed.

Well I am guessing it will stay the same from now on with each beta update?

Gene nz

On 9/12/2019 8:32 pm, Quentin Christensen wrote:
[...]

Replying to everyone at once just to save traffic:

Kostadin: I'm not sure when the translation freeze will begin, I'd suggest likely early in the new year, but don't quote me on that - I'll try to get you a more up to date answer.

Shaun: I'm not sure what you were replying to there about not wanting another announcement?  Which one don't you want?  Also re audio themes, yes, it will come, not in 2019.3, but it will come :)

Robert: Feel free to try the beta out, even if you are using non-standard add-ons, at least you can work out what will work and what won't and maybe find an alternative way for some things or convince add-on authors to update (and ideally publish on the community page - unless they.... wouldn't meet the legal requirements, shall we say, in which case, do consider finding an alternative :))

Gene: Glad the update didn't break your startup setting.  Fingers crossed it works from now on! :)

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 7:52 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Sedmak

Will python 3 compatible synthesizers be backwards compatible with 2019.2?
Or will vocalizer and other synth users need to:
1. disable the current synth
2. upgrade to 2019.3
3. Download the synth update and re-enable the synthesizer

Thanks,
Mike

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Lino Morales

I think Ruie is better equipped to answer this, but I believe the Vocalizer add-on is Pithone 3 ready.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> [...]

>> worked on, but for Alpha releases looking towards inclusion in 2019.1.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Quentin.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Quentin. I have downloaded the NVDA 2019.3.1 Beta release, and I
>>> have noticed a huge improvements over the 2019.2 one. Speech refactor is
>>> certainly a wonderful thing and I applaud speech refactor very much.
>>> However, there is one suggestion that could be included in the next
>>> betas.
>>> And that is the ability to have NVDA say, copied to clipboard, cut to
>>> clipboard, without the need for an add-on, and the second is I’d like to
>>> see the remote functionality built into the core of NVDA so that those
>>> of
>>> us who train on NVDA like myself can help clients without them having to

Rui Fontes

Hello!

For Vocalizer Expressive from Tiflotecnia, we kindly request to deactivate the license, perform the update of NVDA, update the Vocalizer Expressive driver and reactivate the license...

Note that the availability of a activation deactived take some hours... so, if you have 0 activations remaining, contact us first...

The new sdriver should be uploaded to our webpage in a couple of days...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Metzler

Hi Quentin,

I am running the latest windows 10 and nvda beta 1.  The thing I notice is when I start outlook 2016 I get a sound that I never got before.  I just wanted to let you know.  Other then that beta 1 is working fine.

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gary Metzler

Hi Quentin,

Here is some additional info.  I tried nvda with all addons disabled and got the same noise.

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

abdul muhamin

Hi all, its good that the NVDA has been updated to 2019.3b1. but its sad for me that my favorite addon, file reader is incompatible with this version, is there any solution for this addon? Or is there any alternative available? I use this when I’m gaming. thanks

Regards

Abdulmuhamin.

Chief content officer at

Blind Help Project

Contact me through the following!

On Facebook

On twitter

On skype

On WhatsApp

E-mail me at

A.Muhamin@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Luke Davis

What is your logging level set to under general?

And for all our sakes, please consider changing the subject when you're getting specific about a question on someone's announcement thread. Thread-jacking is not helpful to anyone.

Luke

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019, Gary Metzler wrote:

Here is some additional info.  I tried nvda with all addons disabled and got the same noise.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Gary,

I can reproduce that, it looks like it's been an issue for awhile: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8961  The reason you are hearing the noise is because NVDA plays a sound when an error is recorded to the log in Alpha or Beta versions.  The errors don't seem to affect the actual running of NVDA or Outlook, so running a stable version of NVDA, you wouldn't have noticed anything, even though the errors were still generated.

While it would still be worth aiming to fix these errors, because they don't impact use aside from the error generated, it doesn't tend to be as high priority as something which does affect using the software.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 7:02 AM Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the explanation.  It is very helpful.

As well as the update to Python, there are lots of exciting things in this release, some of these were covered in In-Process recently: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-29th-november/ and a few more will be highlighted in the next In-Process

Be sure to download it and please do let us know what works and importantly, what doesn't: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta1-now-available-for-testing/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

Hey rui

Just let us know when the updated driver will uploaded.

[...]

Recently I was thinking about it and I've decided to ask/suggest what I was thinking. It is related to the version number for the next release of NVDA. Yes, it is planned to be 2019.3, but considering that it will probably come out in early 2020, isn't it better to change it to 2020.1? And on second thought (which came just as I was writing this) - maybe it is not such a good idea to do such a change. Main reason against - it is the fact that add-ons have compatibility flags in their templates and the change suggested by me will brake those compatibility flags (the add-ons in practice will be compatible, but the compatibility flags in them will indicate otherwise (and the flags are what NVDA checks add-ons for compatibility)). So, we might as well leave the NVDA version to be 2019.3, even if it will be released probably in early 2020.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 9.12.2019 г. в 13:20, Quentin Christensen написа:

[...]

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

how can bedabaita of nvda

Twitter: @NVAccess