Topics

NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 now available

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 is now available for testing.

This update adds a few new features and fixes from beta 1 including:

- The new Windows console support using UI Automation is no longer used by default as it is not yet ready for production use. However, it is still available from NVDA’s advance settings panel. (#10684)
- NVDA no longer freezes in the new version of Microsoft Edge that is based on Chromium. (#10675)
- A short sound is now optionally played when screen curtain is turned on or off. (#10611)
- Fixed an issue when upgrading configuration from recent alpha builds. (#10598)
- Fixed an issue when navigating lists with table navigation commands. (#10623)

For all the details and to download the new beta, please visit: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta2-now-available-for-testing/

As always, please do report any issues or bugs you encounter.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

I'm extremely confused. If the new Edge uses Chromium by default, how can NVDA work with Edge at all if that option has been removed from the NVDA settings? Darn you, Microsoft! Why couldn't you at least help JAWS, NVDA, etc. Build in UIA? This seems like a huge blunder on Microsoft's part, no? They have more man power, so either, help screen readers work with UIA, or disable it in the new Edge by default.

Hi,

As part of NVDA’s UIA support, a set of bad UIA class names is kept to inform NVDA that windows with class names in that list should not be treated as UIA elements, thus forcing NVDA to switch to MSAA/IAccessible support. Even though UIA is used in Edge 79 Chromium-based), it is not that solid yet, so NVDA 2019.3 will force IAccessible2 mode, which works better (this is done by adding Chromium UIA widget window class name to the aforementioned set of bad UIA class names).

Cheers,

Joseph

I'm extremely confused. If the new Edge uses Chromium by default, how can NVDA work with Edge at all if that option has been removed from the NVDA settings? Darn you, Microsoft! Why couldn't you at least help JAWS, NVDA, etc. Build in UIA? This seems like a huge blunder on Microsoft's part, no? They have more man power, so either, help screen readers work with UIA, or disable it in the new Edge by default.

Andrea Sherry

Well where can I find the expressive driver to run with the latest beta?
Andreqa

On 15/01/2020 10:40 am, Quentin Christensen wrote:
[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>

hi quentin.
thanks extremely for your great works and great program.
i am very glad that i always read good news from you!
God bless you and His infinite mercy i pray for you!

[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Rui Fontes

Hello!
Sorry by the delay, but my PC died...

The direct link is:

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> escreveu no dia quarta, 15/01/2020 à(s) 02:51:

Well where can I find the expressive driver to run with the latest beta?
Andreqa

On 15/01/2020 10:40 am, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 is now available for testing.
>
> This update adds a few new features and fixes from beta 1 including:
>
> - The new Windows console support using UI Automation is no longer
> used by default as it is not yet ready for production use. However, it
> is still available from NVDA’s advance settings panel. (#10684)
> - NVDA no longer freezes in the new version of Microsoft Edge that is
> based on Chromium. (#10675)
> - A short sound is now optionally played when screen curtain is turned
> on or off. (#10611)
> - Fixed an issue when upgrading configuration from recent alpha
> builds. (#10598)
> - Fixed an issue when navigating lists with table navigation commands.
> (#10623)
>
> For all the details and to download the new beta, please visit:
> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta2-now-available-for-testing/
>
> As always, please do report any issues or bugs you encounter.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> --
>
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Greg Wocher

Hello,
I am still having issues with the vocalizer expressive driver. I am using this version and every time I restart NVDA it tells me that my vocalizer expressive license cannot be verified. I am running NVDA 2019.3 beta 2.

Greg Wocher

On Jan 15, 2020, at 7:45 PM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Hello!
Sorry by the delay, but my PC died...

The direct link is:

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> escreveu no dia quarta, 15/01/2020 à(s) 02:51:
Well where can I find the expressive driver to run with the latest beta?
Andreqa

On 15/01/2020 10:40 am, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 is now available for testing.
>
> This update adds a few new features and fixes from beta 1 including:
>
> - The new Windows console support using UI Automation is no longer
> used by default as it is not yet ready for production use. However, it
> is still available from NVDA’s advance settings panel. (#10684)
> - NVDA no longer freezes in the new version of Microsoft Edge that is
> based on Chromium. (#10675)
> - A short sound is now optionally played when screen curtain is turned
> on or off. (#10611)
> - Fixed an issue when upgrading configuration from recent alpha
> builds. (#10598)
> - Fixed an issue when navigating lists with table navigation commands.
> (#10623)
>
> For all the details and to download the new beta, please visit:
> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta2-now-available-for-testing/
>
> As always, please do report any issues or bugs you encounter.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> --
>
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Rui Fontes

Please, go to:
%appdata%\vocalizer-for-nvda
and delete the activation.dat file.
Restart NVDA and reactivate the license.

Any problem, contact for:

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Greg Wocher <gwocher@...> escreveu no dia quinta, 16/01/2020 à(s) 11:48:

Hello,
I am still having issues with the vocalizer expressive driver. I am using this version and every time I restart NVDA it tells me that my vocalizer expressive license cannot be verified. I am running NVDA 2019.3 beta 2.

Greg Wocher

On Jan 15, 2020, at 7:45 PM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

Hello!
Sorry by the delay, but my PC died...

The direct link is:

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> escreveu no dia quarta, 15/01/2020 à(s) 02:51:
Well where can I find the expressive driver to run with the latest beta?
Andreqa

On 15/01/2020 10:40 am, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> NVDA 2019.3 beta 2 is now available for testing.
>
> This update adds a few new features and fixes from beta 1 including:
>
> - The new Windows console support using UI Automation is no longer
> used by default as it is not yet ready for production use. However, it
> is still available from NVDA’s advance settings panel. (#10684)
> - NVDA no longer freezes in the new version of Microsoft Edge that is
> based on Chromium. (#10675)
> - A short sound is now optionally played when screen curtain is turned
> on or off. (#10611)
> - Fixed an issue when upgrading configuration from recent alpha
> builds. (#10598)
> - Fixed an issue when navigating lists with table navigation commands.
> (#10623)
>
> For all the details and to download the new beta, please visit:
> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta2-now-available-for-testing/
>
> As always, please do report any issues or bugs you encounter.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> --
>
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

I need the link 2the new NVDA release. I have addOns to downlode & update

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.0.nvda-addon

[...]

Mr Oguledo,

Please find all the information and download link for the new beta here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3beta2-now-available-for-testing/

For add-ons, you should find the main ones here: https://addons.nvda-project.org/  Note that some will have two versions as the newer Python 3 compatible version may not be backward compatible with NVDA 2019.2.1 and earlier.

Regards

Quentin.