Topics

NVDA 2019.3 Beta 3 Microsoft Edge Chromium Issue

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Hello,
Since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3 beta 3 I had a problem with Microsoft
Edge Chromium when I opened the context menu. Once I click on an
action, such as copying the link address or opening in a new tab, NVDA
stops working. This is with NativeUIAutomation enabled. This didn't
happen before and it worked fine.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Greetings!

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

You might want to turn off UI automation. That's what I had to do to get edge working properly. To turn off UI automation, hit your start menu key. Then type "edge://flags" without the quotes. Hit enter and then tab to the combox. Hit enter on that and select disable or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3 beta 3 I had a problem with Microsoft Edge Chromium when I opened the context menu. Once I click on an action, such as copying the link address or opening in a new tab, NVDA stops working. This is with NativeUIAutomation enabled. This didn't happen before and it worked fine.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Greetings!

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Hello,
Yeah, I did that while I'm waiting for the issue to be fixed. I wanted
to read if other people were experiencing the same thing.

You might want to turn off UI automation. That's what I had to do to get
edge working properly. To turn off UI automation, hit your start menu key.
Then type "edge://flags" without the quotes. Hit enter and then tab to the
combox. Hit enter on that and select disable or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

Since I upgraded to NVDA 2019.3 beta 3 I had a problem with Microsoft Edge
Chromium when I opened the context menu. Once I click on an action, such as
copying the link address or opening in a new tab, NVDA stops working. This
is with NativeUIAutomation enabled. This didn't happen before and it worked
fine.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Greetings!

Iván Novegil

There is already an open issue for that. See https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10719

Regards.

---

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 30/01/2020 22:20, Bruno Aníbal Prieto González escribiu:

[...]

I only get first messages in threads, so sorry if this is a repeat, but you should comment about this on the github page. I didn't look through the whole page, but it looks like people are already working on it. Non hyperlinked URL is for those reading this in plain text, not HTML.

python 3.8.1 clousing ishow
nvda is off

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 3:22 AM Iván Novegil via Groups.Io <ivan.novegil=nvda.es@groups.io> wrote:

There is already an open issue for that. See https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10719