Topics

nvda 2019.3 incompatible addons list

Hi note, this is a list of addons that are not compatible at all at least from the manafests and were tried on a lot of packages.

These are not all addons, some I know have been released, some of these are being worked on and I have allready notified the author of one of them privately.

Excluding the addon I have talked about here is the list.

Note, I think enhanced touch gestures is compatible now.

teamtalk fixes 0.98 found on bareware website.
emoticons 11.0
report symbols 4.8
enhancedTouchGestures-19.05.1
addonsHelp-2.0
ImageDescriber-1.2.1
Mozilla-1.7
dropbox-4.3
objPad-16.12
IfInterpreters-1.1
teamViewer-2.2
Note I have not updated these in a while as I don't use some of them.

I do wander if addons documentation could be included in core help menu.

The if interpriters would be nice to.

Hi,
I strongly advise running your tests again AFTER updating ALL of these add-ons. I'm happy and disappointed to find that one of my own add-ons is listed in there, especially an outdated version (I don't want to sound rude, but Enhanced Touch Gestures has been compatible since September).
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

Actually, ObjPad is compatible, too - since a few months ago. I guarantee that all my add-ons (except Screen Curtain) are NVDA 2019.3 ready - some are already gearing for future of Python.
Cheers,
Joseph P.S. Apologies for rapid-fire posts.

[...]

Thats why I did note enhanced touch gestures has been updated.

A lot of these are addons I don't use, the only older addons by truth I use are jgt, addons help, image describer, and teamtalk.

I am not sure about addons help but dug lee probably has an updated addon in the list.

I know you would keep your addons up to date, its everything else.

image describer is a new one but I am unsure of its status but I don't use it much.

The interactive fiction addon is quite good for what it is but nothing has been done to it for ages probably because its probably all its going to be.

On 1/12/2019 7:33 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

.

Again, joseph, I was not targeting you personally, you're not the problem,

You as community leader were first out of the gun its everyone else.

Well those that havn't checked in at any rate.

Of those, I assume a lot of them unless they have been under a rock know about this.

What may happen is we may have to see what happens on release and how many addons don't pop out.

I think inside the community we are pritty square with a lot of addons.

I repeat, you are not the problem, there may be a few that are either lerking or outside the list that don't keep up with events maybe they have missed stuff.

Everyone on the list that hasn't responded so far will be probably be working on things.

I do know not everyone speaks here.

On 1/12/2019 7:39 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Don't worry - my issue was use of outdated add-ons and claiming they are incompatible when in fact compatible versions exist. The good news is that more add-ons people are realizing that, before too long, they will feel the urgency to change, and for some, they'll realize this when it is too late. I myself am keeping a very close eye on it, and so is Quentin.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

I agree with Joseph.

Posting these kind of info should be careful and otherwise you are just spreading fake info and missleading NVDA users.

Joseph Lee 於 1/12/2019 14:33 寫道:

[...]

Well to be honest, if your noncompatible addon appears on the list and you know it is thats fine.

Its more for those that don't know, don't care or just havn't looked in a while.

I don't use all addons but I thought I should really put a buck in and see what worked or not.

I usually don't test alphas but since I have been arguing over the last 2 days sooner or later I'd be asked to put my money where my mouth was and decided that I'd better do so, especially since I had some time to do it.

As I said if your addon is on the list or will be on the list and that goes to all developers that know thats fine.

It would be nice to have more devs tell us if they are or not.

On 1/12/2019 7:59 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Rui Fontes

Hello Shaun!

Regarding add-ons help add-on:

1 - It is not from Doug Lee, but from me with lots of help from community members;

2 - It is already 2019.3 compatible;

3 - You can get the compatible version at:

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/addonsHelp.nvda-addon

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

NVDA portuguese team

Às 06:50 de 01/12/2019, Shaun Everiss escreveu:

[...]

Hi rui.

Its good to know that it works.

This does make me wander though on how updated the addons site is and if its kept updated regularly with compatible versions.

In some ways if the links are the ame or something can be done with github, it should be automated I realise its manual and I did bring this up before, I realise it can't be kept updated all the time whenthings are released, still I do check the site and updater for addons from time to time and if things are more updated than either of those databases there may be an issue at some point in time.