Topics

NVDA 2019.3 RC 2 is released

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.

More information and download link is available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Quentin,

I just downloaded it and it's working great so-far.

Rosemarie

The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.

More information and download link is available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sarah k Alawami

I just contacted the guys who did win wizard so we'll see if they can make the add on work with nvda 19.3.

Thanks and can't wait to test this, in portable form right now.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 3 Feb 2020, at 13:50, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi everyone,

The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.

More information and download link is available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Rosemarie!

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:07 AM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin,

I just downloaded it and it's working great so-far.

Rosemarie

The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.

More information and download link is available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Gary Metzler

Hi Quentin,

It’s working good on my end.

I just downloaded it and it's working great so-far.

Rosemarie

The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.

More information and download link is available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hi Quentin
I tested on Vietnamese interface, and see that the interface translation is not up to date. For example, name of the vision category used the translated string I commited afew week ago, and I changed the tirm a few day later. This category also exists some untranslated string, but I've translated the interface 100%.
Don't know if this will be merged later or not so I report here. Will check and continue reportign if there are any errors.
Cuong

Hi everyone,

The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide feedback. This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.

More information and download link is available from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Thanks for the report, let me look into that.

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:53 PM Cuong Dang Manh <dangmanhcuong@...> wrote:
[...]

Raha Tehrani

Hi Quentin. I updated my NVDA last night. things are all good. but
there's a useful addon named "say product name and version".
unfortunately, it's stopped working since NVDA 2019.3 has come into
being. I hope this helpful addon will soon be fixed.
Do take care and Good luck.

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.3 rc2 now available for testing:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen

Cuong,

Can I please double check - did you check with 2019.3 RC1 or RC2?  We put out RC1 last night, then noticed an issue with translations and that's why RC2 came out so quickly - but there were a few hours in between.  If you used RC1, please try again with RC2 and let me know (or let me know that you were using RC2).

Kind regards

[...]

Hi Raha, I'm not familiar with this add-on, is it listed on https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html ?

NVDA 2019.3 has required most addons to update to Python 3 in order to remain compatible.  You may need to download a new version of the add-on in order to use it with NVDA 2019.3  If there isn't a new version, I would encourage you to write to the add-on author to encourage them to update their add-on.

The add-ons we know the status of are listed on https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 3:25 PM Raha Tehrani <raha.tehrani1362@...> wrote:
Hi Quentin. I updated my NVDA last night. things are all good. but
there's a useful addon named "say product name and version".
unfortunately, it's stopped working since NVDA 2019.3 has come into
being. I hope this helpful addon will soon be fixed.
Do take care and Good luck.

> Thanks for the report, let me look into that.
>
> Quentin.
>
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:53 PM Cuong Dang Manh <dangmanhcuong@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Quentin
>> I tested on Vietnamese interface, and see that the interface translation
>> is not up to date. For example, name of the vision category used the
>> translated string I commited afew week ago, and I changed the tirm a few
>> day later. This category also exists some untranslated string, but I've
>> translated the interface 100%.
>> Don't know if this will be merged later or not so I report here. Will
>> check and continue reportign if there are any errors.
>> Cuong
>> On 2/4/2020 4:50 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> The release candidate (RC) build of NVDA 2019.3 is now available for
>> testing.  We encourage all users to download this RC and provide
>> feedback.
>> This is a release candidate for NVDA 2019.3. Unless any critical bugs are
>> found, this will be identical to the final 2019.3 release.
>>
>> More information and download link is available from:
>> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/
>>
>> --
>> Quentin Christensen
>> Training and Support Manager
>>
>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>
>>

> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> NVDA 2019.3 rc2 now available for testing:
> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-3rc2-now-available-for-testing/
>
> Web: www.nvaccess.org
> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hi Quentin

I use rc2 portable, and I install by updating from NVDA menu. I can install a new one if needed because that version just use for testing.

Cuong.

[...]

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Quentin,

I downloaded and installed the RC and I am very pleased so far. The licence agreement at the start and the automatic speech was very impressive. I actually listened to the whole agreement!

I had not seen the speech control and selection before so this looks new to me. It gives so many choices that it should be possible for a comfortable voice to be found. I prefer Eloquence and had been running the add-on up to now. I have achieved almost the same voice that I am used to so I'll see how that settles down for my ear!

Congratulations to the whole team and thanks for all the hard work.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Quentin Christensen

Ok thank you Cuong, we'll look into that now.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 7:07 PM Cuong Dang Manh <dangmanhcuong@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you, we're glad you like it and it's working well!  Do let us know if you run into any problems!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 8:42 PM Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:
Quentin,

I downloaded and installed the RC and I am very pleased so far. The licence agreement at the start and the automatic speech was very impressive. I actually listened to the whole agreement!

I had not seen the speech control and selection before so this looks new to me. It gives so many choices that it should be possible for a comfortable voice to be found. I prefer Eloquence and had been running the add-on up to now. I have achieved almost the same voice that I am used to so I'll see how that settles down for my ear!

Congratulations to the whole team and thanks for all the hard work.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Betsy Grenevitch

I just took the time and updated to the latest for NVDA. Everything seems to be working well. I miss Eloquence and wish it could have remained but am getting used to David. He sounds decent. Thank you for making the installation so easy for a novice such as myself. I would like to thank all those who work on keeping NVDA so easy for us to use. Please make sure everyone involved gets my thanks.

On 2/4/2020 4:42 AM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Quentin,

I downloaded and installed the RC and I am very pleased so far. The licence agreement at the start and the automatic speech was very impressive. I actually listened to the whole agreement!

I had not seen the speech control and selection before so this looks new to me. It gives so many choices that it should be possible for a comfortable voice to be found. I prefer Eloquence and had been running the add-on up to now. I have achieved almost the same voice that I am used to so I'll see how that settles down for my ear!

Congratulations to the whole team and thanks for all the hard work.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Betsy Grenevitch
678-862-3876

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

I need the link 2somemthaaSomemantha for the new NVDA I will loos my
eliqwence I want 2have e t I eliqwence and somemantha please for the
new NVDA. I
I tried the cannidate it works fine. I don't no about upgrating NVDA
yet I will loos some addons or all add ons or voices whut do I do I
love NVDA Please do a NVDA podcast about NVDA nv access and whats
next.. I love my screenreader NVDA!

On 2/4/20, Betsy Grenevitch <blindangel61@...> wrote:
[...]

I forgot to ask one more question. I notice with the speech synthesizer I am using I cannot get it to go as fast as I did with Eloquence. I have it at 100 per cent but it is still not as fast as Eloquence was. If I keep this synthesizer is there some way to work around this. The boost rate option is way too fast for me even at the slowest rate.

Thanks.

On 2/4/2020 2:42 PM, Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo wrote:
[...]

You need to buy the new eloquence. It works apparently. You can't have everything for free.

On 4 Feb 2020, at 11:42, Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo wrote:

[...]

Did you turn voice boost? If not, turn that on and try it again. I have danie. Or what ever the canada voice is at 40 percent with voice boost on.

On 4 Feb 2020, at 11:46, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:

[...]

Voice boost put it too fast for me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will adjust as time goes on.