From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:27 AM
To: nvda <nvda@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] nvda 2019.3 vocalizer, and remote support

Hello,

I just updated to nvda 2019.3 and a bunch of my addons which wouldn't
update just broke/disabled. One of them is my nuance vocalizer drivers
and synth. I'm not seeing anything on addons.nvda-project.org on this.
Another is nvda remote support. Does this addon have a 2019.3
compatible version? I just checked addons.nvda-project.org and stable
looks like it isn't, actually i'm not seeing a download for that at
all.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Dave.

Rui Fontes

Hello!

You can get a NVDA 2019.3.1 compatible version at:
https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.0.nvda-addon

It still have one or two problems, but we are taking care of them...

Best regards,
Costumer support
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 13:26 de 10/02/2020, David Mehler escreveu:

Hello,

I just updated to nvda 2019.3 and a bunch of my addons which wouldn't
update just broke/disabled. One of them is my nuance vocalizer drivers
and synth. I'm not seeing anything on addons.nvda-project.org on this.
Another is nvda remote support. Does this addon have a 2019.3
compatible version? I just checked addons.nvda-project.org and stable
looks like it isn't, actually i'm not seeing a download for that at
all.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Dave.

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Sorry Rui,
I downloaded the vocalizer add on you recommended in your link and re-downloaded the voices I need and installed all of them, but it did not help. This time I did not get a message that they are not compatible, but I got no speech at all. How do I remove the installation activation of the vocalizer so that I can reuse it? I do not want to lose one activation trying and failing.
I now reinstalled NVDA 2019.2 and everything is working normal.
Where can I find the instruction on how to remove the activation and restore it in another installation?

Regards,
Ibrahim

[...]

I faced the same issue! Vocalizer driver and all the voices I want will install, but I got no speech.

nutkittirat@...

Edited

I found another problem, I have install driver and all voices but it cannot verify my credential and said my license is invalid. I've found that it can't verify my credential in December and continue to use it until it said that my license is invalid. Now I have updated both NVDA and Vocalizer Expressive driver to the latest version but it doesn't solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thank you

Rui Fontes

Hello!

The activation is removed through the NVDA/Vocalizer Expressive menu.

It will take some hours to be available again, and you will receive an e-mail notifying you that the activation is again available...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 04:23 de 11/02/2020, Ibrahim Abedrabbo escreveu:

[...]

Hello Rui, I have try to remove the activation but it doesn't work. Now I can't do anything with my activation, I can't check activation count or delete it and I can't change my credential from the menu too. I tried to remove the driver and reinstall it but it just doesn't work.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Did you hit Activate? I had to do this and then send in a problem ticket to Code Factory informing them of a lost key due to a NVDA upgrade. That we had no idea that the upgrade would be a problem for Eloquence.

******

If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning start?

Hello Rui, I have try to remove the activation but it doesn't work. Now I can't do anything with my activation, I can't check activation count or delete it and I can't change my credential from the menu too. I tried to remove the driver and reinstall it but it just doesn't work.

Simone Dal Maso

Rui, an important question:
if a user install the new driver, is it possible to deactivate the old license from the new driver?

Il 12/02/2020 02:05, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
[...]

It must do it with the old driver...

If the new driver couldn't remove the activation, the only way is deleting the files in %appdata%\vocalizer-for-nvda.

We will increase the remaining activations upon notification by the user, or dealer, of that fact...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 09:26 de 12/02/2020, Simone Dal Maso escreveu:

[...]

Go to the following folder:

%appdata%\vocalizer-for-nvda

and delete the activation.dat file.

Restart NVDA and you will be able to activate again...

Best regards,

Costumer support

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 01:57 de 12/02/2020, nutkittirat@... escreveu:

Hello Rui, I have try to remove the activation but it doesn't work. Now I can't do anything with my activation, I can't check activation count or delete it and I can't change my credential from the menu too. I tried to remove the driver and reinstall it but it just doesn't work.

nutkittirat@...

Hello Rui, thank you for your help. But today before I receive your reply, I have reset my laptop because I'm not sure what the problem is. Then I just install NVDA 2019.2.1 and Vocalizer Expressive driver 3.0.14 and I can activate my license again. But to do so I have lost my 1 activation, would you recover it for me please?
Thank you

note: After then I try to upgrade both NVDA and the driver to the latest version but I got the no speech issue too. So I just downgrade to 2019.2.1 and it's work again.

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Reset done!

Please, try this version of the driver to check if the problem of switching languages is solved...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pi46eab9l3shzrj/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.0.nvda-addon?dl=1

Best regards,

Costumer support

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 16:26 de 12/02/2020, nutkittirat@... escreveu:

Hello, my account is nutkittirat@...

nutkittirat@...

Hello Rui

I have tried the latest driver that you given, the switching language and no speech has been fixed Vocalizer is working now. But I have found a bug that I cannot do anything with my license from the menu again. I can't delete, can't check activation count and can't change my credential. I think the add-on can't talk to the server.
Note: I think it has some mistake about my activation. I'm using 1 activation on my laptop but when I checked the activation count before upgrade it said that I have 3 activations left. So I have 4 activation now include in my laptop. I would like to tell you to fixed that.

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Glad to hear the automatic language switching is working alright again, since is one of the best features of ou Vocalizer!

The number of activations is not an error... I have made the reset to have consideration to the number of times you have make a reset on the activation...

Now, let's solve the problem of verifying the license!

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 08:10 de 13/02/2020, nutkittirat@... escreveu:

Hello Rui

I have tried the latest driver that you given, the switching language and no speech has been fixed Vocalizer is working now. But I have found a bug that I cannot do anything with my license from the menu again. I can't delete, can't check activation count and can't change my credential. I think the add-on can't talk to the server.
Note: I think it has some mistake about my activation. I'm using 1 activation on my laptop but when I checked the activation count before upgrade it said that I have 3 activations left. So I have 4 activation now include in my laptop. I would like to tell you to fixed that.

tal lederman

hello,
i still have problems with vocalizer license. the driver is installed but there's no speech and i can't do anything with my license from the vocalizer menu. i tried to open the newest version of the driver that you send on dropbox but the file was removed.
can you please send the link again so i can try and see if it solves my problem?
thanks

Rui Fontes

Hello!

We already have a almost fully compatible driver at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4v7ccujysf8rje/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

Now, we are investigating the bug between our driver and Speech Viewer...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.