Topics

NVDA 2020.2 and Word Track Changes

Sandra Pilz

Hi,

I am using the current version of NVDA, 2020.2. When I am in a word document with track changes enabled, I can go to reading mode and press a to go to the next change and again to the next change and so on. However, I can't move to the previous change. When I press shift+a, NVDA will tell me no changes were found, although it took me through them when I went forward using just a.

I am using Office 365. Also, I'm using a German version of NVDA, so I don't know if the key to cycle through changes is different in the English version. However, A is the correct key in my version.

Can I do something to solve this, or is this a new bug?

Regards

Sandra

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Sandra and all,

I use Office 365 in French with NVDA 2020.2.

I tested what you describe on a word document with track changes enabled.

I noticed the same as you mentioned:

While typing a to jump to the next change, everything is ok.

However, going backwards with shift+a jumps to the first change and does not go to all others.

I tested the same document with nvda 2019.2 and 2019.3, and the shortcut works properly.

I can’t explain what the problem is.

Best

Sylvie

I am using the current version of NVDA, 2020.2. When I am in a word document with track changes enabled, I can go to reading mode and press a to go to the next change and again to the next change and so on. However, I can't move to the previous change. When I press shift+a, NVDA will tell me no changes were found, although it took me through them when I went forward using just a.

I am using Office 365. Also, I'm using a German version of NVDA, so I don't know if the key to cycle through changes is different in the English version. However, A is the correct key in my version.

Can I do something to solve this, or is this a new bug?

Regards

Sandra

Sandra Pilz

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for trying it. Probably we can assume that it's a new bug in the current version of NVDA.

Thanks for confirmming.

Regards

Sandra

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Did you bug this on the github page? If so can you provide the link?

On 3 Aug 2020, at 9:34, Sandra Pilz wrote:

[...]

Hi Sarah,

No, I didn't file this on gidhub, I'm not familiar with the site.

Regards

Sandra

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sandra,

GitHub is not difficult to use.  You do need to create an account, but that simply requires and email address and password, as most sites do these days.

As it happens though, this isn't actually a new bug, and there is an issue for it: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7342

Kind regards

Quentin.

--