Topics

NVDA 2020.2 Beta 1

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2020.2 Beta 1 is now available for testing.

For those interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has before it is officially released.

Visit https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-2beta1/ to download the beta and provide feedback.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Quentin.

I noticed after the update for this beta, is that the speech synth selection is not showing after pressing NVDA plus Control plus S, and the nvda stopped on the background. So, what I did is to restart again to reload. Can someone could replicate this error as well. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2020.2 Beta 1 is now available for testing.

For those interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has before it is officially released.

Visit https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-2beta1/ to download the beta and provide feedback.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Jacob Kruger

It also gives me the error sound, and, I need to alt+tab a bit to then find the dialogue, etc.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-06-18 01:23 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Hi, Quentin.

I noticed after the update for this beta, is that the speech synth selection is not showing after pressing NVDA plus Control plus S, and the nvda stopped on the background. So, what I did is to restart again to reload. Can someone could replicate this error as well. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2020.2 Beta 1 is now available for testing.

For those interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has before it is officially released.

Visit https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-2beta1/ to download the beta and provide feedback.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Rui Fontes

Here is working as expected.

Windows 10 2004

NVDA 2020.2 Beta1

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 12:23 de 18/06/2020, Robert Mendoza escreveu:

Hi, Quentin.

I noticed after the update for this beta, is that the speech synth selection is not showing after pressing NVDA plus Control plus S, and the nvda stopped on the background. So, what I did is to restart again to reload. Can someone could replicate this error as well. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2020.2 Beta 1 is now available for testing.

For those interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has before it is officially released.

Visit https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-2beta1/ to download the beta and provide feedback.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

For those with errors - if you restart the computer from the start menu, does it make a difference?  If you don't encounter it after that, it could be one of those random glitches we sometimes see after updating and before restarting.  If you do keep seeing it, if you could set your log level to Debug, restart NVDA with add-ons disabled, recreate the issue and send me a copy of your log, we'll have a look and see what is going on.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 11:02 PM Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

[...]

Mário Navarro

great work.

  Quentin, please can you tell me if the bug with MS edge was fixed?
yes, what makes NVDA  crash in html content.
I did not see anything related to this in the fixes of the new beta 1 release ...
thanks.
cheers.

Às 23:12 de 17/06/2020, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2020.2 Beta 1 is now available for testing.

For those interested in trying out what the next version of NVDA has before it is officially released.

Visit https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-2beta1/ to download the beta and provide feedback.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Aschalew Byness

I am using nvda beta version. I hear error tone every few minutes. I
couldn't find out the error though. Anyone who is experiencing the
same?

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen

Before I forget, which error with Edge particularly?

Ok looking at your log, there are a few errors with various add-ons.  I think not all are compatible with NVDA 2020.2 (or even Python 3?) That is why it is working when you restart with add-ons disabled.  If you disable all add-ons and re-enable one at a time until you start hitting errors you will be able to narrow down which add-ons are causing problems.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 6:45 PM Mário Navarro <mario.gnv@...> wrote:

[...]

 hi quentin, I do not use add-ons.