Topics

NVDA 2020.3: Error working with Table

Hi all

Today, I and my wife worked on a table in Microsoft Office Word 2019 and NVDA. Sounds like NVDA didn't recognize the table I insert. While caret in a cell, then I press Ctrl+Alt+arrow, NVDA says something like I'm not in a table.

I restarted NVDA, restarted Word, and restarted NVDA with all add-on disabled, and still have this problem on laptops of my wife and mine.

Both are using Windows 10 Home single language 64-bit, version 2004, NVDA 2020.3.

I don't know the reason. I'm going to create issue for this if no way to solve. Please help me if you could.

Thanks in advance.

Cuong

Edited

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 12:45 PM, Cuong Dang Manh wrote:
I'm going to create issue for this if no way to solve.
-
I'm sorry I can't help with a solution, but want to offer the highest praise for this if one is not forthcoming.

The only way that developers can fix issues is if they are reported via the avenue they use to track them, and for NVDA that's GitHub on the page, https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues, once you've set yourself with a GitHub account and access to the NVAccess project.

And if anyone wants it, I have MS-Word form template creating an issue/bug report, that you can fill out, unprotect it, and then copy and paste into the GitHub page rather than dealing with the long issue edit box, which can be somewhat tricky to navigate.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Hi Brian

Thanks for your info. I have Github account, and I can use it. Just want to ask here, and create an issue if there are no solution.

Cuong

On 10/24/2020 12:01 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 12:45 PM, Cuong Dang Manh wrote:
I'm going to create issue for this if no way to solve.
-
I'm sorry I can't help with a solution, but want to offer the highest praise for this if one is not forthcoming.

The only way that developers can fix issues is if they are reported via the avenue they use to track them, and for NVDA that's GitHub on the page, https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues, once you've set yourself with a GitHub account and access to the NVAccess project.

And if anyone wants it, I have MS-Word form template for both creating an issue, that you can fill out, unprotect it, and then copy and paste into the GitHub page rather than dealing with the long issue edit box, which can be somewhat tricky to navigate.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Hello, this is a serious error in my opinion that has not yet been
solved. It happens when the cells are empty. If you go to the advanced
options and disable UIA for Microsoft Word you will get better results
with tables, but you sacrifice performance to a large extent.
This error is already reported, if more people join in the comments
maybe they will prioritize it, here the link:

Greetings