Topics

NVDA 2020.3 Not Activating Download Link On TeamTalk Site

Richard Wells

When I open https://bearware.dk/?page_id=353 in Google Chrome latest and
press ENTER on the Windows download link, nothing happens. If I use the
context menu to copy the link:
http://bearware.dk/teamtalk/v5.6.3/TeamTalk_v5.6.3_Setup.exe I can then
open the run dialog and paste in that URL and get the file I want. Is
this a Chrome problem or an NVDA regression?

Sascha Cowley

Interesting. I tried in Firefox, and the download link seems to work fine. Also tried in Chrome, and, as you say, nothing happens when I hit enter on the download link, in browse or focus mode. Seems to work fine in Edge though. If I copied the URL of the download link and just pasted it in the address bar in Chrome, it did download. I'm not entirely sure what the problem here is, but it seems to be specific to Chrome.

Quentin Christensen

I can confirm the same behaviour.  All I can offer, in addition to what has been suggested previously, is:

Firstly: Pressing spacebar seems to work in this case.  I have seen other cases where shift+enter works more reliably so keep both of those up your sleeve.

And secondly: I can replicate it without NVDA running, which seems to point towards it being a Chrome issue rather than NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager