Topics

NVDA 2020.4 Release Candidate now available

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone

NVDA 2020.4rc1 has been released. This is a release candidate, and unless any critical issues are found, this will be identical to the 2020.4 release.

Highlights and download links can be found in the release blog post at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-4rc1/

We encourage ALL users to download and install this release candidate, and if you do encounter any issues, please do let us know.

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Louise Pfau

Hi.  The message boxes for the update from the beta to the release candidate and NVDA add-on updater seem to block each other somehow.  After I'd updated my add-ons, I lost the update information for the release candidate.  I had to use the "check for updates" function to complete the process.

Thanks,

Louise

Kevin Cussick

Hi, thanks got it and seems to be running well, but will play with over the next day or so and if any problems will let You all know. thanks to the devs for all the hard work.

Highlights and download links can be found in the release blog post at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-4rc1/ <https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2020-4rc1/>
We encourage ALL users to download and install this release candidate, and if you do encounter any issues, please do let us know.
Kind regards
Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/ <https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/>
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/ <https://certification.nvaccess.org/>
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda <https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda>
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess <http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Louise,

Joseph, have you encountered the issue Louise describes with add-on updater and NVDA's updates blocking each other?

Louise, at worst, yes you can check for updates, or NVDA will check again the following day and (as long as add-on updater doesn't find anything to jump in front again), you should get the notification then.

Quentin.