Topics

NVDA 2020 and Papenmeier new models

Viny

Hello, everyone.

I have two braille dispplays Braillex Trio of Papenmeier.

With nvda 2020, the braille integrated keyboard of the trio doesn't works. Only the keyborard; the braille output works very fine. Even the commands I defined myself works.

In the nvda's log in debbug level, the  entries with the braille keyboard are  not related.

Do you know if someone in the dev team of nvda work on this problem?

Quentin Christensen

In your Braille settings, what do you have set for your Braille input table?  If you change that does it make a difference?

Do you have a driver from Papenmeier for your display?  It's not one I'm familiar with, so I'm not sure if anything particular is required to set it up.  That it is working for output is a good start though.

If you turn on NVDA's input help - NVDA+1 - does NVDA report anything when you press the keys on the display?  Input help should read out keys and what they do, without performing any actions.  Press NVDA+1 again to turn input help off.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Viny

Hi, Quentin,

You Wrote:

{In your Braille settings, what do you have set for your Braille input table?}

By Default, I use "français unifié".

{If you change that does it make a difference?}

Nothing. I tried to desactivate and reactivate the Braille extension, and nothing has changed.

[...]

Last we knew, Papenmeier were working on updating their driver to work with NVDA 2019.3 and later.  Can you confirm please if you have updated your driver since NVDA 2019.2.1?

Also, with the Braille input not working - did it ever work, and if so, can you confirm when it stopped?

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 5:03 AM Viny <vincleg@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin,