From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 2:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2021.1 Beta 1 is now available

Hi everyone,

Beta 1 of NVDA 2021.1 is now available for download and testing. There are many (four paragraphs of) fixes, updates & information (including a note about add-ons) on the release announcement where you can also download the beta: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Please do feel encouraged to test it and let us know any issues you find.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Don H

So the Code Factory Vocalizer voices don't work with the beta? What exactly is changing so much to cause so many addon's to not work?

Hi,
The biggest change is restructured speech output management facility that also removed deprecated features. Another big change that affected add-on is upgrade to wxPython GUI toolkit we are using (any add-on with dialogs such as some speech synthesizer add-ons with configuration dialogs are affected).
Cheers,
Joseph

On 2021-05-24 11:50 a.m., P. Otter wrote:
hello, for me it's no problem, i can get the page as usual.
paul otter

Op 24-5-2021 om 15:56 schreef Chris Smart:

Is anyone else having trouble accessing

https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2021.1beta1/nvda_2021.1beta1_changes.html

Nothing displays when I go to that link.

On 2021-05-24 5:34 a.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi everyone,

Beta 1 of NVDA 2021.1 is now available for download and testing. There are many (four paragraphs of) fixes, updates & information (including a note about add-ons) on the release announcement where you can also download the beta: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Please do feel encouraged to test it and let us know any issues you find.

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Chris Smart

Hi.

Well, memory usage is about 9% and CPU idles at 0% so I'm not thinking there is anything significant going on. The fans are nice and quiet too.

I am running Malware Bytes Premium, but if that is interfering with NVDA, that would be a first here. I've never had that problem. Anyway, I'll try disabling Malware Bites and running the installer again.

On 2021-05-24 5:34 a.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi everyone,

Beta 1 of NVDA 2021.1 is now available for download and testing. There are many (four paragraphs of) fixes, updates & information (including a note about add-ons) on the release announcement where you can also download the beta: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Please do feel encouraged to test it and let us know any issues you find.

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Someone did report that MalwareBytes was flagging the Colibri voices from Acapela - I assumed it would give a message, but maybe it's not reading it?  It also shouldn't be anything specific with the beta even if it is that.

On 2021-05-24 5:34 a.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi everyone,

Beta 1 of NVDA 2021.1 is now available for download and testing. There are many (four paragraphs of) fixes, updates & information (including a note about add-ons) on the release announcement where you can also download the beta: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta1/

Please do feel encouraged to test it and let us know any issues you find.

Kind regards

Quentin.
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Louise Pfau

I think I might hold off on installing the beta and wait for the stable version given the issues that are happening.

Louise

Arlene

Louise! I don’t blame you one bit!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10