NVDA 2021.1 Beta 3 now available

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2021.1beta3 is now available for testing. This is the third beta for the 2021.1 release, and includes a few important fixes and updates from previous betas.

Highlights and download links can be found in the release blog post at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta3/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Quentin,

I just downloaded the new beta and so-far it's working great.

Rosemarie

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2021.1beta3 is now available for testing. This is the third beta for the 2021.1 release, and includes a few important fixes and updates from previous betas.

Highlights and download links can be found in the release blog post at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta3/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Naveen Kumar M

Hi Quentin,

I downloaded and checked this version. One issue I found in MS outlook 2019. Total number of messages NVDA is saying wrong. So, I checked in other folders such as Drafts, sent, RSS etc. I found the same issue. Kindly check it once. Also I have read in the What’s new, speech viewer has close button. But, when I use tab in the speech viewer, I am not getting the close button. But, I am able to close it by pressing Alt + F4.

Regards,

Naveen M

NVDA 2021.1beta3 is now available for testing. This is the third beta for the 2021.1 release, and includes a few important fixes and updates from previous betas.

Highlights and download links can be found in the release blog post at: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-1beta3/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Enable India Logo Address:  Google Maps
Website: www.enableindia.org
Phone: 080 6732 3636; Mobile: +9198453 13919

Any donations made to Enable India are tax exempt under 80G of the IT Act | If you are a PAN card holder who likes to donate, Please Click Here. | We are Permitted under FCRA for receiving foreign donations

Accredited By Credibility Alliance Under Desirable Norms | Enable India has been granted special consultative status by United Nations Economic and Social Department.

We are Great Place to work certified

Quentin Christensen

Hi Naveen,

Re the "Close" button on the speech viewer, what is meant is that there is a close "X" button in the title bar of that window - so it can be closed with alt+f4 as you found.  There isn't a button control you can tab to.

Re not reading the unread message count in Outlook correctly, can you give me a bit more information please?  What IS it reading?

I just tried using the following, and it is correctly reading the unread message count here:

NVDA 2021.1beta3

Windows 10 (64-bit) Version: 2009, Build: 19043

Office 365 (64-bit) Version: 16.0.14026.20228

Both in the left hand tree view pane and in the control+y window.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 12:24 AM Naveen Kumar M <naveen.m@...> wrote:

[...]

I got clarity on speech viewer related queiry.

Regarding to reading unread messages in outlook, in my drafts folder, I don't have any unread messages and I have total 35 mails. But, NVDA reading as 34 items even though my focus is not in 34th mail. So, I didn't understand why it is reading as 34.

Regards,

Naveen M

[...]

While Outlook puts the number of unread messages in most folders visually in bold and in square brackets next to the name, and NVDA reads this number out, in the drafts folder, the number (not in bold) is the total number of items in the folder - I think it does the same for Outbox from memory.  I guess the idea is that the drafts folder is not somewhere you are expected to use to store messages (sorry 400-odd messages in my drafts folder!).  So it warns you of the total number of messages in there, just as the Inbox tells you the number of unread messages - with the expectation in both cases being those are messages you need to action, finish or otherwise deal with.

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 1:32 PM Naveen Kumar M <naveen.m@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the clarity. I will check it.

Regards,

Naveen M