NVDA 2021.3 RC2 now available

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2021.3.1rc2 is now available for download & testing. We encourage all users to download this RC & give feedback. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2021.3.1 release.  Read more and download at https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3-1rc2/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

David Ingram

Hi, is there going to be a fix concerning check for ad-ons in nvda?  I have this question because i’ve just recently downloaded the new release for nvda but when i tried to check for ad-ons nothing showed.  Are there actual ad-ons that i should be able to see.  Thank you.

On Dec 20, 2021, at 8:23 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

NVDA 2021.3.1rc2 is now available for download & testing. We encourage all users to download this RC & give feedback. Unless any critical bugs are found, this will be identical to the final 2021.3.1 release.  Read more and download at https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3-1rc2/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Chris Smart

David, if you hear “no add-on update available”, then guess what that means? There are no updates! LOL

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 06:19 AM, David Ingram wrote:
Hi, is there going to be a fix concerning check for ad-ons in nvda?
-
That fix is already part of NVDA 2021.3.  The issue was strictly with 2021.2 and only for certain users, because the issue arose from a Windows-based certificate issue, which is now worked around.

As has been noted, if the add-ons you already have were compatible with 2021.2, there have been no updates to add-ons that I know of that are specific to any of the dot releases in the 2021 progression other than, perhaps, 2021.1.  Anyone using any of the 2021.X releases has 2021.X compatible add-ons (or, potentially, disabled incompatible ones, but that's a different kettle of fish).

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

David Ingram

Hi, i’d like to know why can’t i get updates whether they are ad-ons or updates to nvda specificly.  It seems for me at least, that i still can’t get ad-on updates and i still can’t find the new nvda advanced OCR ad-on.  Where can i get this update.  thank you for any information that you might have concerning this question.

On Dec 21, 2021, at 8:55 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 06:19 AM, David Ingram wrote:
Hi, is there going to be a fix concerning check for ad-ons in nvda?
-
That fix is already part of NVDA 2021.3.  The issue was strictly with 2021.2 and only for certain users, because the issue arose from a Windows-based certificate issue, which is now worked around.

As has been noted, if the add-ons you already have were compatible with 2021.2, there have been no updates to add-ons that I know of that are specific to any of the dot releases in the 2021 progression other than, perhaps, 2021.1.  Anyone using any of the 2021.X releases has 2021.X compatible add-ons (or, potentially, disabled incompatible ones, but that's a different kettle of fish).

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Gene

This may help you update add-ons but I’m not sure how you might get NVDA to update itself.  Also, this solution might not be necessary any longer.  It may be better and more simple to uninstall the add-on updater you are using and install the newest version which probably has corrected the problem discussed here.

I gave the address of the topic and here is the page to get the latest add-on updater.  That’s what I wsould try first.

Sent: Friday, December 24, 2021 1:29 PM

On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 02:29 PM, David Ingram wrote:
Hi, i’d like to know why can’t i get updates whether they are ad-ons or updates to nvda specificly.
-
If you uninstall NVDA 2021.2, then install NVDA 2021.3.1, and are still having the issue, then please report back.  And before reporting back, restart NVDA with debug logging level on so that information is captured about what's going on.

It is impossible to guide you any further than I, and Gene, already have.  I know of no one who's having update problems with NVDA 2021.3 or 2021.3.1, freshly installed after NVDA 2021.2 has been previously removed.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 02:29 PM, David Ingram wrote:
the new nvda advanced OCR ad-on
-
It is strictly available from the developer, who has provided the source link to get it repeatedly.  It is brand, spankin' new and not a part of the NVDA Add-Ons Marketplace, yet.

I should also have added to my last message that exact, and I do mean exact, error text that you get for the failures is pretty much necessary as well.  But don't bother retesting until you have uninstalled your current NVDA completely, and reinstalled.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill