NVDA 2021.3 Released!

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NV Access is pleased to announce that version 2021.3 of NVDA, the free screen reader for Microsoft Windows, is now available for download. We encourage all users to upgrade to this version.

Highlights:
This release introduces support for the new HID Braille specification. This specification aims to standardize support for Braille Displays without needing individual drivers. There are updates to eSpeak-NG and LibLouis, including new Russian and Tshivenda tables. Error sounds can be enabled in stable builds of NVDA via a new advanced settings option. Say all in Word now scrolls the view to keep the current position visible. There are lots of improvements when using Office with UIA. One UIA fix is that Outlook now ignores more types of layout tables in messages.

Read the full details, and download from: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I just updated NVDA manually through the "Check for updates" option in the "Help" menu because I wanted to get it right away and see if I was one of the people who got an error message when checking for updates.  I didn't get the error, but I'm not sure if I'll still get the automatic notification in the future.  I left that setting turned on, since that's the default, and I want it kept that way.

Thanks,

Louise

David Ingram

Hi Quentin, i’d like to know why i get an error message when trying to check nvea for updates, as well as not beeing able to see the new advanced OCR for nvda.  When i tried to find the ad-on i could find it but i was not sure whether the ad-on had been installed.  I’m also having a problem with something els that i heard that you can install it manually but i’m not sure what that was referring to.  I can be reached at dingram269@....  Thank you.

On Dec 10, 2021, at 1:58 PM, Louise Pfau <louise.pfau@...> wrote:

Hi.  I just updated NVDA manually through the "Check for updates" option in the "Help" menu because I wanted to get it right away and see if I was one of the people who got an error message when checking for updates.  I didn't get the error, but I'm not sure if I'll still get the automatic notification in the future.  I left that setting turned on, since that's the default, and I want it kept that way.

Thanks,

Louise

David,

I respectfully request that you do not post the same question in two separate threads.  You have already been answered by myself and another member in the dedicated topic you created.

Also, you have been a member for a while, there have been many, many, many discussions about NVDA 2021.2 having issues with updating due to some involvement of Windows 10 certificates, all of which is fixed with NVDA 2021.3, which must be downloaded manually and installed rather than using NVDA's built-in updating functionality.  After that, things to back to normal.