NVDA 2022.2.2 released

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

Another release!  All the 2s!  NVDA 2022.2.2 is now available.  This patch release fixes a bug introduced in 2022.2.1 with input gestures.  Please note that the "What's new" text has not been translated.  The correct current version can be found in “About NVDA” from the Help menu. Download & more info: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2022-2-2/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sergey Fleytin

Hi Quentin.

The gestures bug is fixed indeed!

Thanks!

26.08.2022 9:06, Quentin Christensen пишет:

Hi everyone,

Another release!  All the 2s!  NVDA 2022.2.2 is now available.  This patch release fixes a bug introduced in 2022.2.1 with input gestures.  Please note that the "What's new" text has not been translated.  The correct current version can be found in “About NVDA” from the Help menu. Download & more info: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2022-2-2/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Fantastic,

Thanks Sergey!

Also a quick note for anyone running the beta - there will be a corresponding new beta with the same fix in it shortly - however, if you check for updates currently from NVDA 2022.3 beta 3, it will offer 2022.2.2 as an "update" (so hang time, we'll be with you shortly).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 4:57 PM Sergey Fleytin <fleytin@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin.

The gestures bug is fixed indeed!

Thanks!

26.08.2022 9:06, Quentin Christensen пишет:
Hi everyone,

Another release!  All the 2s!  NVDA 2022.2.2 is now available.  This patch release fixes a bug introduced in 2022.2.1 with input gestures.  Please note that the "What's new" text has not been translated.  The correct current version can be found in “About NVDA” from the Help menu. Download & more info: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2022-2-2/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

Small update - there was a problem building the new beta, so that will likely come out Monday now.  Those running Beta 3 will still be prompted to "update" to 2022.2.2 (because the build date is newer), just ignore that invitation if you want to stay on beta.

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 5:09 PM Quentin Christensen via groups.io <quentin=nvaccess.org@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Afik Souffir

Can you send the direct link for the latest beta?

Thanks,

[...]

gbmagoo@...

Yes I would like this direct link also thanks

[...]

I came back from dinner and found my information was out of date :)

The main change, like with 2022.2.2, is fixing the input gestures bug caused by the security patch in the previous version (apologies for that!)

It's just the official post which is delayed.  If you are running Beta 3, it will prompt to update in due course.

Kind regards

Quentin.