NVDA add-on question - Clipboard History

Shaban Mamedov <shabanmamedov1@...>

Hello everyone,
I have been using NVDA for a long time, so I really like its features, and full NVDA, to put it simply.
As you may already know, Windows 10 has an option called Clipboard History where you can place the copied text to use later wherever you want.
I have a question for members of the nvda group and add-on developers.
Is it possible to create an add-on for NVDA, that will perform the same task as the clipboard history in Windows 10, although it will be possible to use the same function with this add-on in earlier versions of Windows, such as Windows 7/8 / 8.1.
I think this add-on will help most NVDA users, as sometimes we need to put something in the clipboard history to paste later.
I have no experience with Python programming, otherwise, I will happily create this add-on for everyone.
Sincerely,
Shaban.

--

As the no-cost upgrade path from Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 to Windows 10 is still available, and Windows 7 is officially out of support, and Windows 8.1 has a bit under 2 more years (I think), this would not be a great use of developer resources.  Though it would be up to the individual undertaking it, I guess.

Anyone who intends to stay in the Windows ecosystem and continue using NVDA should first update their Windows to Windows 10.  We're already at the stage where the most recent versions of NVDA are, legitimately, ceasing to have backward compatibility with earlier versions of NVDA itself, let alone out-of-support versions of Windows.

The end user does have an obligation to "keep up" or accept that they will be stuck with whatever last operational version of any piece of software happens to work with what they're insisting on keeping.

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Sascha Cowley

Furthermore, there are already programs to enable similar functionality in earlier versions of windows.

Bob Cavanaugh

Not only what others have said, but isn't there already an add-on that
does something similar, or does that just give access to the clipboard
history in 10?