Topics

NVDA addon development beginner

Ramesh Patil

Hi guys,

I am interested in study development of NVDA  addons.

I have basic knowledge of Java programming. I know for NVDA development I need knowledge of python programming

It is possible to learn python online?
I have read nvda addon development guide little bit. Anyone can send link for all essential softwares for download directly.

Another help, any one beginner/professional in python or nvda addon development is available in this group? So that i can contact him personally for my help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ramesh

Not that your question is off-topic here, but you might get more focused responses and interest in your query on this group:

nvda-devel / NVDA Screen Reader Development
This includes questions and discussion about the code, user experience, design and documentation, both between regular developers and new or potential developers.

       ~ Madonna

hi brian.
how can i subscribe to nvda developers to contact them directly and
ask my questions or say my suggestions and needed features?

Not that your question is off-topic here, but you might get more focused

nvda-devel / NVDA Screen Reader Development ( https://groups.io/g/nvda-devel
) This includes questions and discussion about the code, user experience,
design and documentation, both between regular developers and new or
potential developers.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

zahra,

          I gave the direct link to the nvda-devel home page on Groups.io in my last message.  Those pages (for any given group) always include the Group Email Addresses section with the pertinent subscribe, unsubscribe, etc., addresses.

          Also, if you look at the group description in my prior message, and take a look at the more detailed one on the actual group page, it is made abundantly clear that this group is not meant for end-user support or suggestions.  In fact, the main page description ends with, "Please note this is not a general user support list."

          I created a tutorial last month:  Creating a Github Account, which I'd suggest you, or anyone interested with direct communication with the NVDA team, have a look at.  It is my intention to create additional tutorials as individuals wish to do specific things under GitHub.

          By the way, I have seen no indication from you that you have finally moved on from Windows XP.  If that is the case you really cannot use any currently supported version of NVDA and any feature changes will remain unavailable to you until you move to Windows 8 (which I do not recommend) or Windows 10.

       ~ Madonna

Hi,

‘Actually, a better list for add-ons discussion is:

https://nvda-addons.groups.io/g/nvda-addons

Regarding XP support, I’ll make a community announcement as early as a few hours from now (there are folks on Twitter who are also concerned about it).

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Brian gave you the subscription info for at least one development list. My advice is:

Before you learn NVDA add-on development, learn Python 3 first. You need to have a solid grasp of at least intermediate Python features before you can say you are ready to write NVDA add-ons. Concepts you need to learn include classes, modules, functions, imports, and class attribute access/modification.

Cheers,

Joseph

I am interested in study development of NVDA  addons.

I have basic knowledge of Java programming. I know for NVDA development I need knowledge of python programming

It is possible to learn python online?
I have read nvda addon development guide little bit. Anyone can send link for all essential softwares for download directly.

Another help, any one beginner/professional in python or nvda addon development is available in this group? So that i can contact him personally for my help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ramesh

Ramesh Patil

Thanks brian and Josep,

Josep sir what is best website source to learn python 3.

Thanks

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020, 10:31 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

[...]

I recommend starting at python.org’s python documentation (look up 3.7, not 3.8 yet).

Cheers,

Joseph

I am interested in study development of NVDA  addons.

I have basic knowledge of Java programming. I know for NVDA development I need knowledge of python programming

It is possible to learn python online?
I have read nvda addon development guide little bit. Anyone can send link for all essential softwares for download directly.

Another help, any one beginner/professional in python or nvda addon development is available in this group? So that i can contact him personally for my help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ramesh

Greg Wocher

Hello,
There is a good free book available on git hub. It is called dive into python 3. It is completely free. Just do a search for the title of the book and it should be easy to find.

Greg Wocher

On Mar 22, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,
I recommend starting at python.org’s python documentation (look up 3.7, not 3.8 yet).
Cheers,
Joseph

I am interested in study development of NVDA  addons.

I have basic knowledge of Java programming. I know for NVDA development I need knowledge of python programming

It is possible to learn python online?
I have read nvda addon development guide little bit. Anyone can send link for all essential softwares for download directly.

Another help, any one beginner/professional in python or nvda addon development is available in this group? So that i can contact him personally for my help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ramesh

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

There was a list of books and websites that come across the list a while back so saved them just in case.

They are a list from people on this list who found the resources handy for learning python.

they might go from easy to hard? in learning it.

It does not have in the list what program you use which I guess would help or which ones the blind programmers find works well with nvda.

But that could be added.

I can put the list on my website maybe off the useful resources page so is easier to find if others want to learn python etc

The list is below.

Learning Python books and courses

Learn python the hard way https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

A python hands on tutorial http://anh.cs.luc.edu/python/hands-on/3.1/handsonHtml/index.html

Python for Everybody: Exploring Data Using Python 3 https://open.umn.edu/opentextbooks/textbooks/336

And some online courses,

These are free, but if you want a certificate of completion, you can pay for it if you pass the course.

Introduction to Python for Data Science https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-python-for-data-science

Python for data science https://www.edx.org/course/python-for-data-science-1

Introduction to Python: Absolute Beginner https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-python-absolute-beginner-2

Introduction to Python: Fundamentals https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-python-fundamentals-2

Principles of Machine Learning: Python Edition https://www.edx.org/course/principles-of-machine-learning-python-edition

Computing in Python I: Fundamentals and Procedural Programming https://www.edx.org/course/computing-in-python-i-fundamentals-and-procedural-programming-2

Computing in Python II: Control Structures https://www.edx.org/course/computing-in-python-ii-control-structures-2

Computing in Python III: Data Structures https://www.edx.org/course/computing-in-python-iii-data-structures-2

Computing in Python IV: Objects & Algorithms https://www.edx.org/course/computing-in-python-iv-objects-algorithms-2

Visualizing Data with Python https://www.edx.org/course/data-visualization-with-python

Advanced Algorithmics and Graph Theory with Python https://www.edx.org/course/advanced-algorithmics-and-graph-theory-with-python

Analyzing Data with Python https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-with-python

Deep Learning with Python and PyTorch https://www.edx.org/course/deep-learning-with-python-and-pytorch

Python Basics for Data Science https://www.edx.org/course/python-basics-for-data-science

Machine Learning with Python: A Practical Introduction https://www.edx.org/course/machine-learning-with-python-for-edx

Using Python for Research https://www.edx.org/course/using-python-for-research

Introduction to Python: Creating Scalable, Robust, Interactive Code https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-python-creating-scalable-robust-interactive-code

Programming with Python for Data Science https://www.edx.org/course/programming-with-python-for-data-science

Introduction to Programming Using Python https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-programming-using-python

CS For All: Introduction to Computer Science and Python Programming https://www.edx.org/course/cs-all-introduction-computer-science-harveymuddx-cs005x-0

These are all pay courses, but if you are careful, you can buy bundles that have multiple courses in them.

Stone river elearning has 32 python courses at: https://stoneriverelearning.com/courses/category/Python

skillwise has several python courses, some of which are listed below.

Python Programming Bootcamp 2.0 https://www.skillwise.com/sales/python-programming-bootcamp-2-2

Python 3 Bootcamp Bundle https://www.skillwise.com/sales/python-bootcamp-2017-python-3

Machine Learning with Python Course and E-Book Bundle https://www.skillwise.com/sales/the-python-machine-learning-online-course-and-book-bundle

Deep Learning: Convolutional Neural Networks in Python https://www.skillwise.com/sales/deep-learning-convolutional-neural-networks-in-python

The Python Power Coder BONUS Bundle https://www.skillwise.com/sales/the-python-power-coder-bonus-bundle

Become a Professional Python Programmer https://www.skillwise.com/sales/become-a-professional-python-programmer

Python Tutorial: Python 100% Hands-On - Learn by Coding https://www.skillwise.com/sales/python-tutorial-python-100-hands-on-learn-by-coding

Pay What You Want: The Python Master Class Bundle https://www.skillwise.com/sales/pwyw-the-python-master-class-bundle

And, finally, educba.com also has python courses such as:

Become a Python Developer

Artificial Intelligence with python

python 3.5 Training

The Ultimate python Programming - Novice to Ninja

Practical Projects of python Programming

python:01 - python Fundamentals

Data Science with python

python for Beginners

Machine Learning using python

Now, I know the educba classes are expensive if bought separately, but if you hang out on stacksocial.com or even skillwise.com ( at times) you can purchase whole groups of training all at once.  I got a deal for all of stone river Elearning for $59, then for $99 I got the whole collection of educba classes.  (the next day, I saw it for $49) *grumble*), so if you're patient, and if you really want to learn, there's no reason why you can't learn anything you like.  This is just talking about python classes and books, but this works for just about any topic.

stackskills.com also has several python courses, and I got access to 1100 plus courses (all it/technology related for $19 again, from stacksocial.com

https://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

Here's A Byte of Python.

https://python.swaroopch.com/

Here's Think Python.

http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/index.html

Here's one on programming games.

http://inventwithpython.com/

Finally, here's a link somebody posted a while back to stuff Joseph

wrote up.

On 23/03/2020 8:34 am, Greg Wocher wrote:
[...]

thanks for your reply.
i wished to contact nvda developers directly.
i subscribed to github in previous years, and sent tens of comments
and suggestions, and said my views about some of the reported issues.
but i wish to find a solution to contact nvda developers directly,
which i did not find!
and from one of the developers, which i contacted him directly,
unfortunately did not recieve a reply!

even if i use newer versions, i cant use newer versions of nvda for
several reasons.
one of the reasons is lack of american english US with my native
language (persian), which is removed in nvda 2017.4 and later!
i needed two or three fixes in newer versions only.
unless if someone send me a workaround.

thanks for your help, God bless you!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1TJx5cRPsCvDAXF0FE0hv7Jkow7kj7FOY
[...]

thanks God, one of the developers answers and helps me very kind.
but with other developers, i have not method for contacting them
directly and one of them did not answer me!
i dont have social medias except skype and email,
and unfortunately skype does not support my windows since march of 2019!

On 3/23/20, zahra via Groups.Io <nasrinkhaksar3=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Kerryn Gunness

what is rong with your windows
the latest desktop skype supports windows 10

[...]

skype does not support windows xp and using newer windows is not
possible for me now.

wrote:
[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Have you tried accessing skype from their web page?
http://www.skype.com

******
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

wrote:
[...]

yes, i tried several times.
unfortunately skype for web does not support firefox anymore.
and it requires only recent versions of google chrome or microsoft edge!
https://web.skype.com
thanks for your recommendation and God bless you!