Topics

Nvda addon Notepad plus plus

Jarek.Krcmar

Hallo group,

I have downloaded and installed the addon Notepad plus plus.

I would like to know, how it works.

I often use the editor Notepad.

--
Jarek

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

There is a separate application called notepad++ which has additional functionality and is frequently updated. Some of its features include support for various line endings, various multi-lingual encoding and highlighting for various programming languages. This add-on is designed for this program.
Best Wishes,
Jonathan Cohn  

JM Casey

It has a crapload of useful features and even plugins. Remarkable little programme.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonathan COHN
Sent: June 29, 2020 2:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda addon Notepad plus plus

Hello,

There is a separate application called notepad++ which has additional functionality and is frequently updated. Some of its features include support for various line endings, various multi-lingual encoding and highlighting for various programming languages. This add-on is designed for this program.
Best Wishes,
Jonathan Cohn  

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:41 AM, JM Casey wrote:
Remarkable little programme.
Indeed it is.   But it is really not a general purpose text processor.  It's aimed at the programming community, and the ability for it to recognize the language syntax of multiple programming languages, and to syntax check as you enter code, is one of its biggest selling points.

It's really not "Notepad on steroids."   The plus plus part seems to hark directly back to the increment operator in the C programming language (at least I think C was the first high-level language to use it, but I could be wrong).

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

JM Casey

Yeah, all true, but it is pretty good at text processing. It does a lot of things that notepad/wordpad won’t, like the word count/summary feature. Two other things I use it for is removing line breaks/blank lines from documents to make for smoother reading on a braille display, and ordering lists. That is, make a list of any random number of things, and notepad++ can order them numerically, alphabetically, etc, so long as each entry is on a line.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: June 30, 2020 12:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda addon Notepad plus plus

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:41 AM, JM Casey wrote:

Remarkable little programme.

Indeed it is.   But it is really not a general purpose text processor.  It's aimed at the programming community, and the ability for it to recognize the language syntax of multiple programming languages, and to syntax check as you enter code, is one of its biggest selling points.

It's really not "Notepad on steroids."   The plus plus part seems to hark directly back to the increment operator in the C programming language (at least I think C was the first high-level language to use it, but I could be wrong).

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Jonathan,

thank you for the message.

I thought, that Nvda addon Notepad plus plus is for a texteditor named Notepad plus plus.

Jarek
Dne 29.06.2020 v 20:19 Jonathan COHN napsal(a):

Hello,

Best Wishes,
Jonathan Cohn