Topics

NVDA alpha-22160,656ecb5f issue when switching between FF profiles

john doe

Hello all,

With the latest next release of NVDA, when using firefox with multiple
profiles NVDA does not detect when I switch from one profile to an other.

In other words, I have two profiles (p1 and p2), I first start p1 then
start p2, NVDA will still "read" the content of p1 even though I'm in p2.

This looks to be a regression from the previous next release.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
John Doe

Luke Davis

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, john doe wrote:

With the latest next release of NVDA, when using firefox with multiple
What does that mean exactly? Are you talking about the alphas (snapshot releases)?
If so, then the appropriate venue for this is in a Github bug issue at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/new?assignees=&;labels=&template=bug_report.md

That is where people who work on alphas predominantly gather.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.
Honestly, I find it a little unusual to be asking for help on a list that you aren't subscribed to. I should think that the whole point of a mailing list is to both receive and offer help, and if you aren't a subscriber offering help would be difficult. (The giving part of the give-take equation.)

That aside, I would help you if I could, but I have never used Firefox profiles in the way that you are using them, so can't offer much but to suggest that you revert to whatever earlier version worked for you, and meanwhile report a bug, with log, on Github.

I would also point out that if you auto-upgraded to Firefox 87.0, there may be some change to the way profiles work. So trying that older version of NVDA to find out if the old behavior resumes, is probably a good debugging step to determine whether this is NVDA's, or FF's, problem.

Luke

john doe

Correction, I'm seeing this issue with alpha-22160,656ecb5f

I don't have a Github account, so hopefully this regression can be
picked up from here.

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 05:12 AM, john doe wrote:
I don't have a Github account, so hopefully this regression can be picked up from here.
-
Not that mentioning these issues here is inappropriate or off-topic, because it isn't, but hoping that developers might stumble upon a comment here is not the way to get anything fixed if that's your real concern.

And if you're someone routinely using Alpha and Beta software, part of your obligation in doing so is actually logging issues in GitHub.

Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA

Creating a Github Account

MS-Word Fillable Form for an NVDA Bug Report Including Pre and Post Filling-Out Instructions

MS-Word Fillable Form for an NVDA Bug Report Including Only Post Filling-Out Instructions

How to Unprotect a Completed Fillable Word Form so the Entire Document Can Be Copied

      ~ Anton Chekhov

john doe

This has been fixed in the alpha release following the one mentioned below.

At the time of this writing, alpha-22222,2e37433e is the current alpha
release and free of this bug.

Thank you for addressing this issue.